Mercenaries

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
What do you think about Mercenaries fighting our foreign wars, or in New Orleans for that matter? 

As a former member of the chAIR Force, I don't approve, as the "wages" are supposed to be equivalent from service branch to service branch.  To find that Mercenary can be paid  considerably more and not necessarily be held accountable to be wrong. 

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
What do you think about Mercenaries fighting our foreign wars, or in New Orleans for that matter? 

As a former member of the chAIR Force, I don't approve, as the "wages" are supposed to be equivalent from service branch to service branch.  To find that Mercenary can be paid  considerably more and not necessarily be held accountable to be wrong. 
That's the governments way of getting around the draft for an unpopular conflict.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members

That's the governments way of getting around the draft for an unpopular conflict.
I'll grant you that is one valid explanation.  Its not as if mercenaries are new this year.  But if the government can't control businesses what makes you think they can control the Mercs when someone offers them more money?

Don't know if anyone watches Jericho on CBS, but they had a Merc team on their, think it even was Blackwater.  "They" sent the mercs out after the atomic bombs fell, not the National guard.  I'm willing to suggest that when Martial Law is declared, they'd send out the merc's out before the sent the gaurd. 

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I'd like to work for Blackwater, and bunch of bas-a## guys they are! :twisted:
Are they the ones in Iraq that you showed me that video of flying the copters and stuff?