Lawn mowing

Very nice lawn there. Just mowed mine last night. Should start to slow down with the cooler temps pretty soon.

Mine has slowed down tons I don't think I have mowed in the last two weeks, it's just holding but still looks good.

Mine has slowed down tons I don't think I have mowed in the last two weeks, it's just holding but still looks good.
Still has been mowed every week here. Sometimes I think it should be twice a week.

Boys, get those engines started it's go time!

I don't want to start mowing. ?

Haha was thinking about this a few weeks back when spring weather was here, which is now gone and back to winter. Don't you hate when you are tired and don't want to mow but then you see or hear a neighbor mowing and you feel that you have to mow as well? It's like if you don't you feel like less of a man and a neighbor plus your wife is always "When are you going to mow?".

Haha was thinking about this a few weeks back when spring weather was here, which is now gone and back to winter. Don't you hate when you are tired and don't want to mow but then you see or hear a neighbor mowing and you feel that you have to mow as well? It's like if you don't you feel like less of a man and a neighbor plus your wife is always "When are you going to mow?".
Ya I know what you mean @jmanz calls it: "The call of the wild". I just hate it because summer comes you want to get home and do stuff, but oh wait, you have to mow. Plus Spring time is the worst because you do it at least twice a week because the grass is running wild - Hulk Hogan reference. Plus my yard is so large that it takes forever and even doing a section (I have about 4 sections) it takes a full evening after work. So 4 nights out of the week are just spent mowing my lawn, unless I want to save it for the weekend then you are doing 4 sections at once and it takes an entire morning. *Sigh ?

Ya I know what you mean @jmanz calls it: "The call of the wild". I just hate it because summer comes you want to get home and do stuff, but oh wait, you have to mow. Plus Spring time is the worst because you do it at least twice a week because the grass is running wild - Hulk Hogan reference. Plus my yard is so large that it takes forever and even doing a section (I have about 4 sections) it takes a full evening after work. So 4 nights out of the week are just spent mowing my lawn, unless I want to save it for the weekend then you are doing 4 sections at once and it takes an entire morning. *Sigh ?
You are either very slow, or have far too small of a mower compared to the size of your yard.

You are either very slow, or have far too small of a mower compared to the size of your yard.
I have a 42" rider and two push mowers so no. It's a full acre yard with 4 sections. On a few parts I can't use my rider since there are many trees I have to use the push mower to get around.

I mowed once a week ago and then we turned back to winter. Getting some nice rain so it's going to grow like crazy when spring resumes. Or we go straight to summer.

Or we go straight to summer.
This I believe. All that moisture in your climate over there should make for some great humidity this Summer for you.

Well boys mowed my first lawn of 2019 last night. Just a section. Looks nice though. Also went out and started spraying weeds again.

Looks it will be that time of year once again. @C Pav did you ever get yourself a new mower? @jmanz I think @C Pav was looking at a Honda one. I told him to talk to you about it.

Yes, still love the Honda. Not one issue with it. I will be getting it out this week.

@C Pav what did you decided on the mower?

And we are back! Got the lawn mowed on Sunday for the first time of the season. The Honda fired right up. Grass was tall and green.

We are starting to green up here (faster than I want), but still pretty yellow around here, it's coming though. My rider is pretty well maintained, but I do have to get a new battery for her this year. Also need to dump the oil from my push mower still. I don't treat her very well, but she keeps going. A Honda will be my replacement.

I'm thinking of going the manual reel mower route for the majority of cutting, and use the power one as a back up.

Back