DYN DNS no longer free

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow R.I.P.

For the last 15 years, all of us at Dyn have taken pride in offering you and millions of others a free version of our Dynamic DNS Pro product. What was originally a product built for a small group of users has blossomed into an exciting technology used around the world.That is why with mixed emotions we are notifying you that in 30 days, we will be ending our free hostname program. This change in the business will allow us to invest in our customer support teams, Internet infrastructure, and platform security so that we can continue to strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience for our paying customers.

Damnit all to hell. First it was logMeIn and now DynDNS. Well, DynDNS did get annoying as heck a year or more ago when you started having to log in all the time to keep your free account active.

My router had one other free option that it could handle, but that company was purchased by DynDNS, so also no longer free.

I hear if you have DLink devices you may be able to get free DynDNS access yet through a DLINKDDNS.com or something which piggy backs off Dyn.

Few other free options out there. was looking at NOIP.com, but accounts expire every 30 days it sounds like so not a great option.

Am considering use of EntryDNS.org. Anyone else been looking into alternatives and found a good one?

Here is a write up I ran across yesterday. Might want to read though the comments. Thankfully my Asus router has their own service built in. I did use ZoneEdit back in the day but it was along time ago.

Article Link.

Here is a write up I ran across yesterday. Might want to read though the comments. Thankfully my Asus router has their own service built in. I did use ZoneEdit back in the day but it was along time ago.Article Link.
Yeah, I read that one the other day as well. After looking at a few of the options I was considering the EntryDNS. Have been working on a small application and windows service that I can run at home that will check the external IP every 10 minutes and then if necessary update the EntryDNS host.

Back