Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Men's multivitamin

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well first off the best vitamin is from the food itself. Unfortunately the days we live in none of us eat properly.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I'm off my multi-vitamins, and will stay off for a few months to see. I also believe in proper nutrition, but nom nom pizza, Doritos, and milkshakes...

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
The only true test of efficacy would be to use clones. One who had a normal diet and exercise regimen. One who had a fast food diet, one who was a vegetarian. I'd think there would be many variables to consider to draw an accurate conclusion.

On a serious note. My wife went to an allergy clinic in Wisconsin and among other things, said she was deficient in vitamin D. She is suppose go back annually for evaluation. There would have to be a documented baseline to know if there was any change. I'd have to read the link to know if they shared that though.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
I remember years ago, a Sunday I think, I was listening to a show on NPR called splendid table. They had a segment about Omega 3 supplements. This is when I learned (because it wasn't covered in health/life science or I wasn't paying attention) about the other Omegas; 6, 7, and 9. Here is a link to it: http://www.splendidtable.org/episode/388

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
nodle, how are you doing recently since going off mutli-vitamins? I'm going to stay off all supplements indefinitely for now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
nodle, how are you doing recently since going off mutli-vitamins? I'm going to stay off all supplements indefinitely for now.
Doing great actually. Haven't noticed a change in anything. I still have my same energy. My skin is still clear. I'm with you I am staying away for now also.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Doing great actually. Haven't noticed a change in anything. I still have my same energy. My skin is still clear. I'm with you I am staying away for now also.
Except for you getting sick recently

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
That's from daycare. You will see...
But if you would have been pumping d-bol you would not have gotten sick. :cool:Try being our household. Son goes to daycare, wife works at a high school and I work at a clinic. Sickness everywhere.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
But if you would have been pumping d-bol you would not have gotten sick. :cool:Try being our household. Son goes to daycare, wife works at a high school and I work at a clinic. Sickness everywhere.
Ya that was kind of my point. Now would be the time to at least be pumping up your Vitamin C levels if nothing else.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
But I do I take airborne at the first sign which has:
http://www.airbornehealth.com/how-it-works
I don't do vitamin's and I know there's been plenty of speculation around Airborne and whether it really does anything, but I also take it if there's colds going around at my work or the gal's workplace. Costco carries it and runs decent sales once in a while. Have a few tubes of the dissolvable tablets, a container or two of the chewable's and I think a container of their gummies at home from those sales.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think they work. But you have to take it right away at the first signs, once you catch it then it's to late.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
They do seem to help, like I said I usually just start up on them if I know that illness is going around at my work or hers, before I ever start to feel much. I did get a cold last weekend, but it didn't last long compared to others I've had.