Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Men's multivitamin

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I kinda need a new brand that I can stick with. I have bought a few from Walmart since you can buy them easy. It always seems like the ones from Walmart are always so hard on your stomach to digest. You basically have to take them with food. I tried ones from GNC along time ago and I think they were fine, but they are always so expensive. What do the men here take and what would you recommend?

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I use Opti-men from ON. I also have used and liked ADAM from NOW, MVP-365 by Millennium Sport and maybe even Orange Triad by Controlled Labs. I also tried Anavite from Gaspari but I would give Opti-men or ADAM a try.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I use Opti-men from ON. I also have used and liked ADAM from NOW, MVP-365 by Millennium Sport and maybe even Orange Triad by Controlled Labs. I also tried Anavite from Gaspari but I would give Opti-men or ADAM a try.
I'm not into roids I just want a daily vitamin.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I would also look into Vitamin Code Men's Formula. They are a premium brand and usually is very expensive even on wholesale sites, but you can order the 240 count large bottle from Amazon here for $38 and lasts two months if taking the full recommended amount.

Below is it's supplement facts. It's basically a complete pill with a wide spectrum of nutrients for better digestion, doesn't even require to be taken with food because it contains enzymes with it, and also has probiotics.

After taking vitamins all these years, I guess I really don't know if they are "working" anymore but I know this doesn't have negative effects on me.

C Pav

Members
I'm not into roids I just want a daily vitamin.
You know I was just giving you some options, better options than walmart but hey you can go back to using sea kelp I guess.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Thanks for the info @ryanator I will check into these. That's kinda what I am looking for something easy on the stomach.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Thanks for the info @ryanator I will check into these. That's kinda what I am looking for something easy on the stomach.
No problem. The two main issues I've had with certain vitamin brands were either they made me nauseous to the stomach (cheap formulation) or interrupted my sleep pattern by waking early (contained too much "extras" blends). Vitamin Code sticks with an organic fruit & vegetable derived anti-oxidants, and they didn't have any negative effect on me, which I think they do a very good job with their formulation.

You can take the full 4 capsules a day or maybe even only take two to make it last 4 months, and get the rest of your nutrition from your regular diet. Also since, it's in capsule form, you can break them open and not have to worry about taking the capsule "shell" if one is worried about that (I just took it with the capsule).

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I've been taking Men's One a Day for a few years now and I can't remember the last time I've had a cold. Cheap and no side effects whatsoever for me.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Funny thing, after my last sickness I haven't been taking a multivitamin lately. Not because they made me sick but because I just kinda forgot. But I do feel pretty good without them lately. I know they are probably good for you to take, but I am going to lay off them for awhile and not take anything.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Thought I would mention that I have had a skin thing on my hands that I have been fighting for over two years now. Been to 3 doctors and dermatologist that none of them could figure out. I had skin graphs done etc. Well guess what it clearing up since I have quit taking vitamins? Now the ones above were a different brand than the old ones that I use to take. But almost all multivitamins have alot of the same indigents in them. So there must be some sort of mineral or something in them that I am allergic to. But my hands have improved dramatically! Just a heads up for some other people that may experience some of the same stuff. Plus to be honest, I don't feel any different since I have been off of them.

C Pav

Members
Not a doctor but too much wow and jerking causes many skin problems. Seriously though, I never knew you had something like that. I know I use supplements and truthfully, probably don't need them at all. If you eat a good enough diet then you should be set.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I'm thinking the same thing. I know I took a one month break this summer, but didn't notice anything dramatic improve or decline, but did it based off the recommendation to take a break from supplements once in a while. Most companies use the same type of formulated vitamin or mineral (cheaper types), while more expensive brands claim they use their "special" type. Not all zincs, vitamin b's, c's, etc.. are the same, cheaper ones are not digested as well.

Sorry for recommending an expensive brand, I know I based it off being able to tolerate it well. Still though, it's probably best to lay off them, I may do so as well for at least 3 months this time to see.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
No I think they are good multivitamins, If I wanted to take some I would recommend what @ryanator recommended. But there is just something in there and all multivitamins that I must be allergic to. Each day as it gets out of my system, it get's better and better.

C Pav

Members
Yes, truth is(and I am as bad as any supplement user but keep on "driving" that road) eating right, sleeping enough and taking care of ourselves is actually all that is really needed. Problem is we start eating like crap, deprive ourselves of sleep and stop taking the steps needed to keep ourselves in a healthy condition. We then look for a miracle fix that's easy which is usually supplements.

It's not all our faults. Life is so hard and we can't easily control it sometimes. We have to work and there is tons of stress from so many directions that grinds at us. We put off sleep to stay up late to do things we can't do because of our busy lifestyles too. We then take something to fight off the tired feeling or take naps. I read that you really can't make up sleep with naps and sleeping in on days you don't have to wake up early. Getting as close to 8 hours of sleep a night every night would be the best for us. Try telling that to work or your child though.

Let's face it, unless drastic changes are made we keep living like this and just keep doing what we do in this day and age. Stress ourselves out and "fix it" with pills, powders and drinks.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I also believe supplements are over done by the general population. However, there are reasons that taking certain vitamins or minerals separately have helped people tremendously (in less common cases). Take me for example, 10 years ago, taking zinc diminished my acne on my face by 90% in one month (zinc is the only medically verified supplement that helps acne). People go to doctors taking long term antibiotics or accutane which has harmful side effects (I did the antibiotics for 6 months on and off twice). Taking the zinc was like a miracle cure for me.

I hear once in a while that the government wants to regulate vitamins and I fear it would come to be prescription only which I don't want to see. I do think the quality control should be strict, because now in America anybody can almost make what they want with many claims.