Is waking up early bad for your health?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I was laying in bed this morning this thought came across my mind, "is waking up unnaturally bad for your health"? I mean obliviously your body is telling you it's not ready when you wake up and are still tired. So as we all do setting an alarm clock and then interrupting your sleep cycle is it bad for your health? Makes me wonder if studies have been done on this? But think if they had clear results, it would destroy Americas work force.

As Arnold says, you just need to sleep faster.

As Arnold says, you just need to sleep faster.
Actually this raises a good point, sleep is when your muscles heal. You are interrupting the healing process.

Actually this raises a good point, sleep is when your muscles heal. You are interrupting the healing process.
Arnold claims to only sleep for 6 hours. But he had a little boost shall we say during his heyday. Still though, it worked for him. Everyone is different. Some of the big CEO's get about 4-6 hours. I think Musk is one of those guys.

Some of the big CEO's get about 4-6 hours. I think Musk is one of those guys.
I have heard this same thing about some other such as Thomas Edison and Leonardo da Vinci. Maybe there is some opposite science to there where to much sleep hiders your thinking process and makes you lazy.

I have heard this same thing about some other such as Thomas Edison and Leonardo da Vinci. Maybe there is some opposite science to there where to much sleep hiders your thinking process and makes you lazy.
Bingo!Was going to say you can get too much sleep as well. I always wondered how anyone could sleep past 8 and crazier until 10...noon or more. I understand you stayed up late, which you shouldn't have done, but man what a waste of a good part of the day. Of course what do I know wince I had a paper route for a long time so it just became normal to be up early.

Now older and a father, lifting in the morning and need to stay up late to get personal time in I actually do quite well with the 5 to 7 hours of sleep but it eventually catches up with you. I will also say don't be afraid of caffeine...

I feel good if I get 7 hours. 6 hours I can do but then I start to notice it more. Not so much the way I feel but the darkness under the eyes and such.

I will also say don't be afraid of caffeine...
These are artificial stimulants though, it's like forcing an engine to run faster so you run hotter fuel. The long term effects might be like an over powered engine which will result in premature breakdown.

If you eat at KINGS you will sleep like a baby in the afternoon when trying to study.

These are artificial stimulants though, it's like forcing an engine to run faster so you run hotter fuel. The long term effects might be like an over powered engine which will result in premature breakdown.
You drink coffee don't you? Everything, well most things, in moderation and what moderation is varies from person to person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the Dean Martin saying, "I drink Moderately and I have a case of it in the trunk if you need one."

How's everyone doing on their sleep patterns as they get older? Have you noticed any changes? I find myself almost needing less sleep than normal the older I get. I get up so early for work than when I do get a day off I can't even sleep in anymore. I also find that if I go to bed to early, I can't sleep very well. I need to force myself to at least stay awake till 11- 11:30 then I do fine.

Back