M1A anyone?

A lot of people love those old things. I think the main thing is how reliable and accurate they are. There is still quite a following for them.

Better get the old wallet out Sir!

Filthy to see such things. I can feel my wallet shrinking as we speak.

I put off replying in this topic, because a 'friend' and his condescending dad ruined this platform for me.  Decent classic gun, wouldn't complain if it was my only choice, but it's a clunky platform, just like my AK.  Go with an AR10.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put off replying in this topic, because a 'friend' and his condescending dad ruined this platform for me.  Decent classic gun, wouldn't complain if it was my only choice, but it's a clunky platform, just like my AK.  Go with an AR10.
You didn't care for it then? Was it a classic that you were around or a modern version?

You didn't care for it then? Was it a classic that you were around or a modern version?
I mean the M1A platform itself generally (based off the M14 military version).  I shot two different "classics", only difference really with the modern version basically is that it uses a synthetic stock and design.  If you must have one, I would go a different route, but still a nice gun to enjoy.

I like my Target Mini-14 quite a bit. If it would resemble the Mini-14's behaviour, I think I wouldn't mind having M1A. Seems pretty spendy though. hmm

We went over to a gun store today, but they didn't have any in stock. Our local gun store has some, but they were closed by the time we got back in town. I'm personally not to interested in it for myself. My Dad thought they were cool.  Maybe if the MSRP was somewhat lower. For that price there are plenty of others that I would like to have.

I like my Target Mini-14 quite a bit. If it would resemble the Mini-14's behaviour, I think I wouldn't mind having M1A. Seems pretty spendy though. hmm
The nice thing about the platform (M14/M1A and variants) is the low sight height for it's irons.  Within 50 or so yards, it can give an inch better accuracy which might not mean much, but for some, it's a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff @ryanator. I looked at an AK today. They have defiantly proven themselves over time.

fb_img_1514569679935-jpg.48079

Back