Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Marseille HDMI cables

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ran across these. Spendy for an HDMI cable, but they seem to actually work on both video and games.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
15 hours ago, nodle said:

Ran across these. Spendy for an HDMI cable, but they seem to actually work on both video and games.

There's been a light out arguing in the audio world about cables for years. I think there may be something to it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Waste of money.  
I thought so too, but watch the video, those guys were skeptical as well. I have also seen on many video game forums they actually work. They work the best on older games, but on the Nintendo Switch it works quite well everyone says. BTW they have dropped in price quite a bit, Amazon has them for $40-50? I would try them out for that much.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Upscaling in general isn't worth it.  Typically it's kind of just exploding an image and filling any spaces with like colors to kind of just smooth out edges.  Most devices that play movies or such will upscale anyway - so biggest use case would be something like the Switch I guess.  I still wouldn't spend my money on them.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Upscaling in general isn't worth it.  Typically it's kind of just exploding an image and filling any spaces with like colors to kind of just smooth out edges.  Most devices that play movies or such will upscale anyway - so biggest use case would be something like the Switch I guess.  I still wouldn't spend my money on them.
What about the AA? It's not just about the upscale, it brings AA to the table for a lot of games that can't do it.

Bloodborne - Generic:

Bloodborne - mCable:

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
It's just my opinion.  Others may like or want it, that's fine.  Like your bloodborn pictures above.  I don't really think those comparisons look $50 better.  It goes from looking pixelated and understandably an older game, to looking a little bit smoothed out and more like someone just released a really really crappy looking game recently.