Nintendo DS

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want one. Why should i not get one? Post comments here.

I have it and have no complaints about it. I kind of stopped buying games for it that got good reviews like Castelvanias and such. I have no complaints and like the games I have for. The new mario is fun as well as Tetris.

I have it and have no complaints about it. I kind of stopped buying games for it that got good reviews like Castelvanias and such. I have no complaints and like the games I have for. The new mario is fun as well as Tetris.
But i want lite version, yours is a  :abby:

I am pretty sure I saw an adapter for a SD card at Walmart that would allow you to play dl'd DS games.  I think there are better ones though....

Wait, that would be a reason to get a DS...

Instead, you should investigate all the neat stuff you can do with the properly (up/down)graded PSP.  That might be a compelling reason not to get a DS...

I am very tempted in one of these machines, i will see how the weekend goes :tinfoil:

I was actually tempted to but on of those R4's. But the games for the ds are so cheap already.

Are there emulators for use on a DS?
Yes quite a few i believe. There are alot of "homebrew" apps. out there too. They even have some wardriving apps. for it, since it has built in wireless.

Are there emulators for use on a DS?
Yes quite a few i believe. There are alot of "homebrew" apps. out there too. They even have some wardriving apps. for it, since it has built in wireless.
Huh...Neat - Got any links to good sites where I could read about those?

Thats alot of emulators! :shock:

Emulators    * DualSwan (WonderSwan)    * VirtuaMUnstaz DS (Dreamcast VMU)

* DSBoy gnuboy port (Game Boy Color/Game Boy)

* Goomba Color* (Game Boy Color)

* TI85 Emulator (TI-85) (http://www.gasp.boxgamex.net/?p=12 Old page ceases to exist?)

* Wasabi* (Watara Supervision)

* snesDS Snezzi DS SNEmulDS (SNES)

* Goomba* (Game Boy)

* PicoDriveDS (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis)

* PCEAdvance* (PC Engine)

* ScummVM DS (ScummVM)

* MiniVMacDS (Macintosh Plus)

* SMSAdvance (Sega Master System)

* GBAGI (Sierra Entertainment)

* MSXAdvance* (MSX)

* NesterDS PocketNES* nesDS midori (NES)

* FrodoDS (Commodore 64)

* COLECODS (ColecoVision)

* DSpec SpeccyDS (ZX Spectrum)

* StellaDS (Atari 2600)

what is the deal with decrypted DS files/roms

- although if your not getting one of those R4's (yet) are you into this stuff?

Haven't see anything with encryption on them? Of course i haven't really checked into it either. To be honest i don't know if i will. They way i look at it is, i don't mind paying 20-30 for a game. I know in the long run that i would save money, but for those prices i don't mind. But when you pay 50+ for games for other systems i do mind.

Haven't see anything with encryption on them? Of course i haven't really checked into it either. To be honest i don't know if i will. They way i look at it is, i don't mind paying 20-30 for a game. I know in the long run that i would save money, but for those prices i don't mind. But when you pay 50+ for games for other systems i do mind.
Thats cool, just wondering what that was about, thanks

Just played a DS this weekend and it was very enjoyable.  I basically played Mario Kart the whole time, brought back good memories.  The wife even wants one now.

Just played a DS this weekend and it was very enjoyable.  I basically played Mario Kart the whole time, brought back good memories.  The wife even wants one now.
Ya i have been playing mario kart also lately. It's fun, you and the wife should get one and play against each other. The make them in pink color too. I am sure you would like that color for yourself. ;-)

Back