T-mobile cell service

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about T-mobile or have them? I see they have come into our area now, I have always heard decent things about them. Basically for what we are paying for now we could get on T-mobile but get unlimited internet for the same cost, plus free Netflix etc.

https://www.t-mobile.com/

Legit company but I would be concerned about their coverage in the rural areas.

Apparently they just opened a store an hour away from us. Seem like everyone from the local FB page says it works great here and the surrounding area.

They've had kinda sorta a bit of coverage in this area for years.  No stores or easy way to get them though.  They have a store in town now, but I still think if you get anywhere much out of the area the coverage is trash.

Like any cell provider it depends where you live, and where you frequently travel.  If a provider covers those areas so you have coverage when you need it then just pick the one best for you based on features and pricing.

I looked at my plan options this morning. For the same plan with everything the same Verizon charges $20 more a month. Maybe more since Verizon has hidden charge fees, where T-mobile does not.

I looked at my plan options this morning. For the same plan with everything the same Verizon charges $20 more a month. Maybe more since Verizon has hidden charge fees, where T-mobile does not.
Yep, Verizon is the most expensive place to have a plan.  They get away with it because the other guys don't cover as much area and it's nice to know if you go pretty much anywhere in the country that you'll have coverage, or only be without it briefly.  For those of us that don't travel very far very often, the savings can be worth it to go elsewhere.

I am skeptical of T Mobile out in your neck of the woods Nodle. Do you know anyone who has their service and uses it around your area?

I am skeptical of T Mobile out in your neck of the woods Nodle. Do you know anyone who has their service and uses it around your area?
Local FB groups with people say its, fine. Actually I think a guy here at work has it, I am going to go talk to him.

Ya just went and talked to him. He was on it in the beginning then switched back to Verizon. Guess I will just stay. I don't have a problem with their service just wish their unlimited internet was cheaper.

Ya just went and talked to him. He was on it in the beginning then switched back to Verizon. Guess I will just stay. I don't have a problem with their service just wish their unlimited internet was cheaper.
I kind of figured that. I mean even Verizon struggles when you get too far out of your town. Those smaller companies won't have much of a chance there.

I still think this day and age we pay to much for phone service. I know I have bitched about this before but everything this day and age should be cheaper and unlimited everything.

I still think this day and age we pay to much for phone service. I know I have bitched about this before but everything this day and age should be cheaper and unlimited everything.
I too am surprised that they hold firm on their prices so well. Not much negotiating with the big cell companies.

I too am surprised that they hold firm on their prices so well. Not much negotiating with the big cell companies.
Maybe we need to create our own?

So it looks like I will be switching to T-mobile. Our Verizon towers have been down this entire year and shitty service everyday. Not just me on the local Facebook page people complain everyday. Plus the T-mobile plans are better, so ya hopefully this weekend.

Well finally got on T-mobile, what a chore though. So I will be saving $30 a month on bill and unlimited data, right now I have 2gig and pay $30 more. Plus no longer dropped calls, oh and free Netflix with them as well.

Still loving T-mobile, it has been some time now and I must say the service and unlimited data are great. My bill is the lowest that it has even been as well. I missed out not saving but not switching sooner.

Back