Ice ice baby

Sounds like we might get some stuff starting tomorrow here.

Sounds like we might get some stuff starting tomorrow here.
Saw a few flakes a couple different days here, but nothing that accumulated. We did get lights up on the house the past couple weekends. Wish we'd get a couple more 55+ degree days. Got the front yard mowed for the last time, but after all the rain, my back yard just barely finally doesn't have puddles. Need to get it mowed so I can put the mower away for the year.The blower is out and sitting in its place at the door 3rd stall of the garage waiting to go to work... UGH

Heard we might get an inch or two of snow here tonight/tomorrow. Got the leaves mulched up yesterday, was hoping that I could do another round on Thursday night or so as we have one more maple tree to drop yet.

Got my leaves all picked up. Even cut the lawn a final time. I think this was the most time I have spent on my yard in the fall this year. Truck came in handy and was able to even haul them all in one load 13 50gal. bags packed full.

Got my leaves all picked up. Even cut the lawn a final time. I think this was the most time I have spent on my yard in the fall this year. Truck came in handy and was able to even haul them all in one load 13 50gal. bags packed full.
I just mulched the whole thing, took about an hour. :)

I need one of these! Just think of the business you could drum up!

ZeA8yOf.jpg

I just mulched the whole thing, took about an hour. :)
I did that to my new lawn last year (i'm a big fan of mulching), but it made the thatch too thick and a lot of grass died the following year. Took tons of water to make it a little better, but I learned my lesson.

Little snowy roads this morning. Had to go slow. Two cars in the ditches with only 2" of snow. These new people are in for it if they can't drive on this.

I just dropped my car off about an hour ago at the dealership to have some new all weather tires put on. The current ones were crap last year and likely to be worse this year. They came on the vehicle, so they weren't anything designed for snow in the first place and with 36,000 miles on them there wasn't a lot of tread left either.

I just dropped my car off about an hour ago at the dealership to have some new all weather tires put on. The current ones were crap last year and likely to be worse this year. They came on the vehicle, so they weren't anything designed for snow in the first place and with 36,000 miles on them there wasn't a lot of tread left either.
Very important. Tires are so important. More important than most people think about. They are cheap insurance. I learned my lesson once with tires. You always make sure you are running good quality stuff (especially around here).

Very important. Tires are so important. More important than most people think about. They are cheap insurance. I learned my lesson once with tires. You always make sure you are running good quality stuff (especially around here).
That's not how our old work vehicles "rolled"!

You bet, a good tire makes a huge difference over poor quality or worn. There was a specific all season tire I wanted, however my car has different sized tires between front and rear (225/50R18 and 255/45R18), so had to settle for something else since the ones I had wanted aren't made in both sizes. Still got good all season tires, but found having different sizes kinda sucks.

You bet, a good tire makes a huge difference over poor quality or worn. There was a specific all season tire I wanted, however my car has different sized tires between front and rear (225/50R18 and 255/45R18), so had to settle for something else since the ones I had wanted aren't made in both sizes. Still got good all season tires, but found having different sizes kinda sucks.
Still have your same car? I figured you would be pimpin the Escalade with all the cash rolling in. I know that's on @@C Pav list next.

To heck with Escalades, not really a fan. So big and a little boxy. I believe LK is rolling in an escalade now though.

To heck with Escalades, not really a fan. So big and a little boxy. I believe LK is rolling in an escalade now though.
You mean he is rolling with a cattle trailer to haul all of his kids.

Here we go again. Freezing rain yesterday and this morning, now the snow is really coming down. Lots of accidents on interstate outside of town.

I drove on freezing rain about halfway in this morning. Then went through rain, then drove into thick fog. Only thing that was missing was snow and sun then I would had went though it all in one trip. Tonight starting about 10 p.m. it's suppose to snow though. Calling for 3-6 inches. I think Thursday the forecasted high is -1, and yes that is the high. :eek: So going to go fill all the vehicles up tonight when I get home so they are all topped off.

I drove on freezing rain about halfway in this morning. Then went through rain, then drove into thick fog. Only thing that was missing was snow and sun then I would had went though it all in one trip. Tonight starting about 10 p.m. it's suppose to snow though. Calling for 3-6 inches. I think Thursday the forecasted high is -1, and yes that is the high. :eek: So going to go fill all the vehicles up tonight when I get home so they are all topped off.
I filled up yesterday too, both vehicles. Going to be damn cold. Got the snow blower ready on Saturday. Might have to use it tonight the way it looks.

Back