PlayStation Plus + deals

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well glad I held out for buying Trine 2. Looks like it's the game of the month for June. Just FYI, that's 6 games a month if you own PS3, PS4 and Vita. That's 72 (72!!!!) games for free per year for just $50 a year.

PS4:

Trine 2

Pixeljunk Shooter

PS3:

NBA 2K14

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (cross-buy)

Vita:

Terraria

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (cross-buy)

Link

6 games a month is definitely a nice bonus if you are on PS+ for online play, or just as an only reason to purchase for a year. In the latter case though one could look to Gamefly or something instead, in light of their changes to where the games are only accessible for the one month period.

Maybe it's always been that way, but I was under the impression before that once they made it available to you, it was yours until your PS+ subscription ended. When I read up on this I was a little surprised to see that with their commitment to 2 games per platform per month that the six games would only be available for the one month. So, if they put a game in there you want to beat, get through it quick.

Makes me wonder if the new Games with Gold changes on the 360/One will go the same way. The old program just gave you 2 games per month that are yours permanently, the new program still is 2 games a month, but now they are at least tied to the length of your subscription. I'm just not entirely clear yet on whether that change is just for the Xbox One games, and whether the 2 games from June will still be mine to play in July, or if the June games are only good in June like the PS+ games

Does it seem to you that both systems you could almost pay the $50 and since you have two games a month for certain people this is enough. Another words you are paying a subscription based console.

You could, as long as the games you get in the program are ones you want to play. For some I'm sure they only reason they buy a subscription at this point is the free games. For me, I just see it as a nice benefit as I would have the subscription to play online with friends regardless. I also don't like the one month limit. I've acquired quite a few free 360 games I haven't had a chance to play now and the nice thing is I can go back and play them anytime, within a 1 month limit I would likely not get to play very many of the games offered up since I would be working on other games I had purchased.

So, I think I may have misinterpreted part of their announcement. Guess someone with a PS4 and PS+ will have to find out

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-2-titles-per-month-for-ps4-ps3-ps-vita/

Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Tuesday of the month, and will be free for the month, until the first Tuesday of the following month, taking the guesswork out of how long the game will be available for free. In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out
I took this to mean that you would only be able to play the game from the first Tuesday of one month until the first Tuesday of the next month. It may just be that you get the one month window to make the "purchase", but the game will remain free to play for as long as you have PS+

Been wanting to get Trine 2 and since it's $20 will probably just get plus. It's a no brainer.

Been wanting to get Trine 2 and since it's $20 will probably just get plus. It's a no brainer.
Yeah, given you have the PS4 and the number of games that you'll have a chance to at least try, I'm surprised to hear you don't already have it.

Same here. They offer so much for such a small price. I wish I had a Vita to get those games as well. I also still use my PS3 a little but the hard drive is not very large. Only problem is so little time and too many games.

Do you have to have a Vita to make the purchase? Can't you see Vita games in the PS Store and just purchase, so maybe some day down the road if you have one you could play?

Back