Local Honey

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I have been doing some reading on the health benefits of eating local honey. Some people swear by the benefits of allergy relief, increased energy, better sleep etc. Picked up a big jug from a local farmer this weekend and it is really tasty. Looking forward to see if I notice any changes.

Anybody else get local honey regularly?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Yes I have heard the same thing before. A guy that I work with does the same to combat his allergies. He swears it works. We have a local honey company and it’s cheaper to buy from them direct. Our local stores carry the local stuff as well. We have more of a darker clover honey around here. Great health benefits as well. I also take Royal jelly. I have for many, many years now. Keeps you young looking. ;)

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
My dad has long suffered from heart burn/acid reflux during the evening hours which really bothered his sleep. He started eating honey about a year or two ago and has no more issues. He can really eat anything now including spicy foods which he could never do before without having issues.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Honey is basically a miracle food, the stuff never goes bad, and if it hardens, just heat it up. Has natural antibacterial properties to it as well. If you got a soar throat, a teaspoon of honey will fix it. The thing that my mind about honey, is it’s memory retention built into it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
We have some local honey here that is whiskey barrel aged. I would like to try some.

20180904_145238_800x.jpg