Life hacks (tips and tricks to life)

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I thought I would start a thread about posting some tips and tricks that you have found making your way through life that you would like to share with everyone else. I will start us off.

After talking to @jmanz last night I thought I would share my Subway hack.

Subway Tip #1
When you get to the vegetable portion and start to ask for the veggies, you want to use a bunch of pauses. Most people say real fast "lettuce, onion, olives, green peppers etc." The trick here is to say the first like lettuce, then wait till they grab it and start putting it on. Don't say anything yet, wait till they look back up then say your next vegetable. This will guarantee you more vegetables on your sandwiches. You see this guy making your sandwich wants you out of there ASAP, the sooner he can toss down those vegetables the sooner he can move on. Each time you pause he thinks that you are all done so he toss that last little handful on there to mentally think "I'm done with this guy". You pausing makes him repeat this step on each vegetable. Try it next time I think you will see a difference.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Plumbing Tool to keep in your toolbox #1
A handy tool everyone should keep in their toolbox is a basin wrench. If you ever change out any faucets, this is a must have tool. It might look strange but it's the right tool for the job.