Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

LG 34-Inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So yesterday blowing some time at Costco I ran into this beauty. It was the first time I have seen an ultra wide monitor. Man I was in heaven. Imagine taking to monitors and combining them into one massive monitor. Basically you can have spit screens in one monitor. There were also modes to turn it into 4 monitors, and all sorts of combination. It would probably take up the entire back of my desk. Anyone seen these around? The future for sure.

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UM68-P-ultrawide-monitor

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Did you buy it?  Can you mail it to me?  I'll pay postage.
Was tempted. Decent price on it to. It was cooler to see in person. For either a gamer or a business person it would be awesome either way.

LK

It burns when I pee
Members
So, I won't be receving this anytime soon?  You sir, are a rat bastard.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Bah... I'm not a fan of the ultrawides.  Lower resolutions than a 4K monitor so not really worth it IMO.  These are typically something x 1440p right?  Why waste on that rather than a decent sized 4k?  Even for productivity and multiple apps pre screen over multiple screens I think a 4K is going to win unless your eye sight is trash.  Gaming I would suspect 4K always wins

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Seems like 4k was hot like a year ago, not the 21:9 screens are the "in" thing.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Seems like 4k was hot like a year ago, not the 21:9 screens are the "in" thing.
By "in thing" you must mean the thing you are interested in.  Productivity wise the ultrawide might be something, but from a general gaming/enthusiast perspective I've not seen much made of the ultrawide, but a lot going toward 4K