What's new

Let's Talk Presidents

jmanz

Political faction aside, which President do you think was/is the most decent human being of them all?

nodle

Administrator
Well the 3 for me would be of course Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington. I think everyone can agree on the first two there. But the other for me would be Ronald Regan. The guy had it together. We still hear people talk about him, he showed power and stopped the cold war. After him it started to go all down hill.

Davidc

I have a problem with Abe Lincoln. He suspended parts of the Constitution and tried to have a Supreme Court Justice thrown in jail. 

nodle

Administrator
I have a problem with Abe Lincoln. He suspended parts of the Constitution and tried to have a Supreme Court Justice thrown in jail. 
I don't know man, he rode a bear and carried "The Emancipator".

http://img03.deviantart.net/fd03/i/2010/333/9/a/abe_lincoln_riding_a_grizzly_by_sharpwriter-d33u2nl.png

ryanator

There are many controversies surrounding Lincoln and blame him for violating and ending the basis of the Constitution.  Also, he only wrote the emancipation for his own interests to "save the union", he would have did so at any expense.  

Andrew Jackson was considered one of the last standing presidents to defend the constitution and try to do away with the elitist corruptness, especially in banks.  However on the flip side, he was brutal against Native Americans, owned and traded slaves, and leading to violating some Supreme Court decisions (which is the nature of politics). 

The list of things could go on about favored and opposing views I guess.  

Davidc

Trump placed a picture of Andrew Jackson prominently in one of the White House corridors I read. Makes you wonder what his Goldman Sachs appointees think of that?

ryanator

Our society is so connected and large that any decision will affect many for the good and many for the worse.  We were better when we were not so dependent on everything, this is noticeable in larger cities.  Worse is that our technology is going towards full automation, robots, skynet, etc....And like most here know, relying on computers is a scary thing.  Most people will not know how to do basic tasks and take orders from our leaders without any ability to think.

700545_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Administrator
I think Presidency's are tough boat to be in from any party these days. We live in such an "offensive" day and age, that no matter who gets in there it's going to be a tough job, and you are walking into a big mess. But at the same time I feel as if the Liberals are beating on Trump more than the Right did with obama. You especially see this in the media. But then again you have to look at who actually owns the media and it all makes sense.

Davidc

I think Presidency's are tough boat to be in from any party these days. We live in such an "offensive" day and age, that no matter who gets in there it's going to be a tough job, and you are walking into a big mess. But at the same time I feel as if the Liberals are beating on Trump more than the Right did with obama. You especially see this in the media. But then again you have to look at who actually owns the media and it all makes sense.
Five corporations. 

Davidc

George Bush senior had Hinkley try to kill him.  Hinkley dined with the bush's nights before the shooting event.