Tart cherry juice

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried tart cherry juice? Here is why I am asking. A few guys I work with along with my boss get gout bad around here. I never even knew what it was until we moved here. It's very painful in your feet and toes.  Here is the medical definition:

Gout is a painful form of arthritis. When your body has extra uric acid, sharp crystals may form in the big toe or other joints, causing episodes of swelling and pain called gout attacks. Gout is treatable with medications and changes in diet and lifestyle.
So, my boss will buy tart cherry juice and eat cherries when he feels it. He also takes medication for it as well, but he says the cherry juice really combats it. My ankles have been hurting me for over a year now and I thought I would try it. Who knows, maybe it will help? I really wonder since so many people have it around here if it's something to do with our hard water in our area? This whole entire county is known for it. I just got done drinking some at lunch and it wasn't as tart as I expected, in fact it was smooth. I will report back later and see if it ever worked or made a difference.

Back