The future of retail stores

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So where do you see the future heading for retail stores? I see more and more chains selling out or closing. I think it's somewhat early, but I think the future is that you are going to have mass warehouses spread in major cities, followed by more satellite stores or hubs. I think think you will see these mass retail have their own shipping companies that bypass other shippers to save money put out of business. Then when you order something a close hub might have it for same day delivery or next day. Smaller towns will have no stores anymore, just a hub or a hub a couple of hours away.

I personally am SICK of the current way things are and heading to. I want things back to the way they were. Why? Because of trying on and fitting in store and not having to hassle with shipping returns back or because the wrong item was shipped.

I also believe that more and more future jobs will be work from home based for this service as well.

Sure looks like this is the way things are going now with Covid-19. This should kill off all the rest of the mom and pop shops. You have online site like Amazon taking advantage of it and even expanding more.

It has been awhile since I last posted in here, but I don't know if your towns are like ours, but more and more mom and pop shops are closing. At this rate all that will be left is Walmarts/Costcos/Amazon/ETC. (but this is the way I think they actually want it to be).

Back