Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Let's talk beards

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ok thanks to @jmanz let's talk beards. Were going the opposite of @C Pav and his 24k gold plated razors. What do you use to take care of your beards? @jmanz recommend this.

https://www.honestamish.com/

I have grown beard off and on, but I never knew they made a product to make it not it. This was always the only thing from stopping me making it get long. Let's see what happens. Anyone else recommend anything?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So we got a good balm, now to research a brush and comb. Amazon sells tons, boar bristles are the way to go. Seems like ZilberHaar seems to be the leader in the boar bristles brushes.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I really like that balm. It's like butter and smells like a barber shop from the old days.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I picked me up a double-sided sandalwood comb today. Man the smell is great and it feels good running though the bear. Make sure you grab a 100% sandalwood one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Found a local place that carries some nice beard accessories, picked up some oil, and shampoo.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Found a local place that carries some nice beard accessories, picked up some oil, and shampoo.
I found a similar place in town selling their own products. Stuff looks pricey though. I'll probably pass for now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I didn't understand the oil compared to the balm. They said to apply the oil more to keep your skin moisturized underneath the beard. It is more to keep your skin healthy as the beard pushes through. They recommend it after washing your bead or taking a shower. It don't take mush depending on the size of your beard. One or two drops. I just used some and the smell from this stuff is absolutely amazing!

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
So I didn't understand the oil compared to the balm. They said to apply the oil more to keep your skin moisturized underneath the beard. It is more to keep your skin healthy as the beard pushes through. They recommend it after washing your bead or taking a shower. It don't take mush depending on the size of your beard. One or two drops. I just used some and the smell from this stuff is absolutely amazing!

That's really what you are supposed to do with the balm too. Into the skin under the beard for the most part.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
You know this oil almost feel better to me. The balm seems very greasy to me. I need more time to compare though. Maybe I need to use less of it though. But the balm ain't got nothing on the smell of this. It's like cologne for you face.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
You know this oil almost feel better to me. The balm seems very greasy to me. I need more time to compare though. Maybe I need to use less of it though. But the balm ain't got nothing on the smell of this. It's like cologne for you face.
You don't need to use much of the balm. Just a small bit on the pinky finger, especially when you are just starting a beard. That tin should last a long time. Watch some youtube videos.....even the guys with massive beards don't use much.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
The ZilberHaar bush is excellent. I like the way it feels against your skin. It is a stiff bristle though. If you have any itching under your neck, just run this over it and it feel so much better.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ordered some more product. I was up late watching some videos on maintenance, like everyone says you got to make it over that 3 week mark then it all changes and things calm down and your set.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So lets talk about the Bossman brand stuff. So the bottle are decent size, I mean one bottle is going to last you a super long time. It has good ingredients in it as well.
Ingredients: Soy Bean Oil, Beeswax, Castor Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Seed Butter, Tocopherol, Essential Oil Scent.
It has like they said a 'jelly' lotion texture to it and it didn't seem oily. But the smells are very, very intense. This isn't a bad thing in a way, but I had a bad headache from work yesterday and I put in the Stagecoach smell and it was intense.
If the most interesting man in the world were a cowboy, his beard would beg for Stagecoach. This Texas sized blend of rugged leather, sweet tobacco, and aged Bourbon will make your beard look and smell like a gentleman as you belly up to any saloon. Saddle not required.
You will defiantly smell like a man. I haven't tried the others yet.