Retro Inspired digital streaming Walkman with oled screen

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I woke up this morning with a million dollar idea. Why not make a retro inspired digital stream Walkman. Let me explain. This device would be the normal shape and size of a classic Walkman. Where the cassette would go would be replaced by a high resolution oled display. This would allow for a couple of uses. To navigate through the menus. Then it could switch over to a simulated spinning cassette. This would also allow for different brand/style of old classic cassettes spinning on the screen. It would also have the ability to import the streaming track name and import the song title where it looks like it was hand drawn where people used to fill in the name hand written on cassettes. This unit would have a high quality dac chip along with bluetooth and a ssd storage for those of you that wanted to store your own flac or mp3s on as well. Because of the size and standard thickness it would support a nice sized lithium battery with usb-c charging. It would have built in wireless for connecting to a wireless access point along with the latest Bluetooth to stream from your device choice such as you phone. It would have a standard headphone port for those that want to use 3.5mm headphones for that classic look, or because of the built in bluetooth you could stream to a wireless pair of headphones. The classic chrome buttons would allow you to pause/play, skip next, skip back, stop/power off, and navigate through track selections. It would also include a belt clip as well. This device would let you relive the 80s/90s which listening to music in style with that nice screen showing off the spinning looking cassette.

What do you guys think? I think this would sell like hot cakes. I would love something like this. Any questions I can explain more?

Back