Jeep vehicles

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What your take on the Jeep brand of vehicles? We are looking at new vehicles and I am looking at a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite. I want a Trailhawk model for the off-road capability around here. Do you know someone that owns a Jeep?

Cherokee-Capability-Hero-Desktop.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Too small for a growing family (of 4) vehicle IMO. Unless you don't plan on traveling and just stick to the immediate area. Just my two cents. I would opt for something a little more practical for lugging the family around. And before you say you don't want to pay $50K for a vehicle, keep in mind, you don't need the top trim level in every vehicle.

We really liked the vehicle, but the salesman doesn't seem to want to deal. Don't they normally call you and want to make a deal? I have had to call him 3 times now. I asked him to check on something small for me and he said he would call me back and that was 2 days ago. I am on the border of making a deal, but not with service like that. I am now looking at other dealers. I don't get customer service these days, or the lack of.

We really liked the vehicle, but the salesman doesn't seem to want to deal. Don't they normally call you and want to make a deal? I have had to call him 3 times now. I asked him to check on something small for me and he said he would call me back and that was 2 days ago. I am on the border of making a deal, but not with service like that. I am now looking at other dealers. I don't get customer service these days, or the lack of.
Yes normally they do call. I like putting a couple dealers against themselves to compete for business.

Well something happened yesterday, he called my wife's phone like 3 times and left messages. I feel like someone came down on him or something.

Well something happened yesterday, he called my wife's phone like 3 times and left messages. I feel like someone came down on him or something.
Same

Maybe you should just get a VW Atlas instead...
They are rated good, but we have no VW dealers around here, and while the quality is suppose to be good (German Engineering), when a parts breaks your going to pay out the ass for a part.

They are rated good, but we have no VW dealers around here, and while the quality is suppose to be good (German Engineering), when a parts breaks your going to pay out the ass for a part.
Parts for anything are spendy. You think a Jeep is different? I've never heard of a cheap fix for a Jeep. The 2019 Atlas had a whopping 6-year / 72k bumper to bumper warranty. Their 2020 model will fall to a 4 year, more in line with GMC/Chevy/Ford. I've had a few co-workers / friends do some shopping around of the mid-size SUV ranges. One co-worker just leased a Trailhawk, but he is single, short and just wanted something to get around on winter roads. Another had purchased a trailhawk and returned it within a week.

I'm not saying to buy a Suburban. But after looking at the dimensions of the Trailhawk Elite, (cargo smaller than a Ford Escape), I would forgo some of the limited options that a person doesn't need and use that money to bump up the size to something else.

You don't need skid plates for those manicured Montana trails.

The trailhawk is a tiny looking version of a Jeep

Been looking at the Foresters as well now.

12664_024_K1X.png

We took the Jeep for a test dry last weekend. We both really liked the way it felt etc. Then we test drove the Forester. It was nice as well. Probably swaying towards the Forester. I would prefer the Jeep but the reliability from reading on the internet scares me away.

Interesting videos...

Well so long Jeep bought a Forester.

I don't know what is going on with Jeep vehicles lately. But I looked a couple of weeks ago, and dealers did not have any in stock. Then I read a post yesterday that some people have had models on pre-order since February with no delivery date yet, so they were going to cancel, and someone else replied that theirs has been in the shop for two months waiting on parts. Must be having problem importing parts into the country or something?

I don't know what is going on with Jeep vehicles lately. But I looked a couple of weeks ago"]Seriously? There is a huge supply shortage with all vehicles right now. Can't get chips for new vehicles, can't get parts. Used vehicles are in high demand, good luck finding one and prices are high. Where have you been?

My sister just traded her Honda straight across for a new one, payments the same etc. she said, is that because used vehicles are worth a lot? Should I look at trading in?

Back