Car stereos and speakers

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone miss putting in car stereos growing up? I was big into them. There was nothing like installing one and getting everything hooked up and testing them out. I went though a few different speaker setups, but my best was 2x 15" and 3x 10" in a hatchback with a capacitor. That system thumped.

I am looking for something small to go in the backseat of my pickup now. I know I can't go big (part of me want's to), but it looks like they make some nice low profile systems now. I just need something to fill in the missing bass.

I am looking for something small to go in the backseat of my pickup now. I know I can't go big (part of me want's to), but it looks like they make some nice low profile systems now. I just need something to fill in the missing bass.
Your kids will love the Moana soundtrack with the newly upgraded stereo.

So got my new sub in last week. Got everything wired in as well. I use to love doing this when I was younger but not so much anymore. But I did everything clean and right (like I like my wiring in my PC cases) and even separated one side for power and one side for the rca cables for no noise interference, the way it's suppose to be done. The only thing that I did not like when the sub sitting on the floor in the back in the center. Since I have a hump there I built myself a shelf and then covered the shelf in speaker carpet to blend with my floor and strapped the sub down on it. It worked out perfect and was proud of myself for building it.

Did you let the Alpine play?

No but I did play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0yGvypBwyA

Honestly it has some of the best bass out there and can move some speakers. I use to always play this song growing up to test out my newly installed system.

@C Pav had a nice stereo in his old car. What were those 2x 10"or 12" @C Pav ? Were they JBLs?

@C Pav had a nice stereo in his old car. What were those 2x 10"or 12" @C Pav ? Were they JBLs?
The 350 Z was a JBL Stealth box with 2 10" subs. The GTO I had custom boxes made by a local guy with 2 12" Memphis subs.

What is your Ford Pinto running now?

What is your Ford Pinto running now?
SHEEEE son why the low blow? Rocking some sweet built in standard system listening to the local 105.7 radio station.

SHEEEE son why the low blow? Rocking some sweet built in standard system listening to the local 105.7 radio station.
Pumping some sweet 6x9s and 8x10s?

Tryig to get you pumped so you will drop in x4 15" subs

Back