Men's multivitamin

If the Kirkland vitamins are anything like their other products, it is probably 100% identical to the Men's One A Day - just a different brand name and more for your $$$

I've been having an increasing amount of itching on my right shin since last year and made the connection of taking a higher quality gummy vitamin from Smarty Pants. I bought 4 bottles and took about a half dose each day while skipping some days. I've really had no luck with any multi vitamins anyways, so I'll just give them up for a while. Honestly, I think most supplements are wasteful, except when a person is truly deficient in something. Also, lab created vitamins don't act the same in the body as natural foods do, since they have the full spectrum of nutrients and the body's enzymes acting on them.

So your saying that the vitamins are causing the itching?

Yes, when i stopped, the itching went away. It only contains the basic vitamins and minerals without a bunch of extra stuff like others. Could be many reasons why it's causing the itching. I dummy generally do well with any others either.

The reason I asked @ryanator is I had something similar happen here a few weeks ago myself. I have been taking the men's Costco multivitamin for awhile now, but a few weeks ago I broke out in this weird rash on my chest. It went down my sides, on the front of my shoulders and stopped at my waste. Then it got worse and worse. My wife was trying to get me to go to the doctor for it even. The first thing I did was try to figure out what I was eating differently. I was eating a lot of peanuts at the time and smoked oysters, so I have laid off both. It eventually went away about about 3 weeks. It does make me wonder though about the multivitamin. I am still taking them though and everything seems to be alright.

Interesting, peanuts and shellfish are each one of the top allergens, I wonder if those were causing the reactions.

Interesting, peanuts and shellfish are each one of the top allergens, I wonder if those were causing the reactions.
Don't know. That's kinda what I thought. It was the strangest stuff.

Just found out the multivitamins I was taking from Costco expired in January 2018 :eek: So someone recommend me some new one off Amazon please.

I picked up some Men's one a day to get me going again.

Update- Still doing the Men's One a Day but also taking Omega 3 fish oil, vitamin D3, and B12. Haven't been sick in a long, long time.

I will caution against too much vitamin D and B12 as well as Niacin. They can raise liver functions. It may be more an issue with me since I have UC but I know those are the real culprits in being a bit harsh on the liver.

I will caution against too much vitamin D and B12 as well as Niacin. They can raise liver functions. It may be more an issue with me since I have UC but I know those are the real culprits in being a bit harsh on the liver.
I take a pretty small amount. Nothing crazy.

Sill doing Men's One a Day as well, need to get back on pro-biotics though. I read a lot on the internet about people not getting enough vitamin D these days though.

Thinking about taking vitamins, what’s everyone recommend? How is Centrum?

Picked up some men’s Centrum last nights locally, was actually $10 cheaper than Amazon and in stock.

Haven't tried Centrum. Still do the One a Day.

One a Day here as well. I used to take centrum ages ago, doubt there's anything wrong with it. For a while I tried a spendier vitamin that was supposed to break down better and such, but it involved taking 3 large pills 2 times a day. Not that it was terrible, but I barely remember to take 1 pill once a day. I have also had some additional things like a standalone Vitamin C and fish oil capsules in addition

Haven't tried Centrum. Still do the One a Day.
I tried one a day and hurt my stomach even with food.

I tried one a day and hurt my stomach even with food.
One of these days you will grow a pair.

Back