What's new
Fluxoid

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets discuss Barbecuers

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Thinking about picking up Traegers rack to hold more jerky on. I figure might as well use all the smoke to your advantage.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Well I must say my first batch of jerky was pretty successful. I got all the ingredients the night before. I actually found and "eye of round" at the store. She was spendy. I also picked up some flank steak. In the future I think I will just go with flank, it is mostly flat already and makes nice strips. I then made my marinate. I also went with Guinness beer for my dark beer mix. After blending everything Then put everything in the fridge overnight. I also decided to smoke using mesquite pellets. I had a little problem starting it. Just an FYI, after it smoke it will go on a cycle where it smokes every 3-5 minutes. Just leave it alone the Traeger computer knows. I let it cook for 5 hours total, with me rotating the meat half way through. When I pulled it off I ate a piece and it was super peppery. After putting it in the fridge to cool the intense pepper taste went away. I think it was just the heat causing it. Pretty impressed, love the flavor and it came out perfect. Can't wait to try out another recipe or just tweek this one some. I will try to post some pictures of the meat later as well.