Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Lets discuss Barbecuers

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Going to try to cook some burgers on the grill tonight. I will report back and let you know how that goes.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well the burgers turned out excellent. I pre-heated it to 425 then tossed them and some hot dogs on. About 8 minutes on one side and ten on the other. So juicy and moist. It was restaurant quality. 10/10.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Of all the people I know with a Traeger for their smoking needs, you are the first I've ever heard talk about doing burgers and hotdogs on it.   :D

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ribs turned out great. Took some time though. We kinda did the 3-2-1 thing. 3 hours smoke, 2 hours in foil, then the last hour on the grill. Meat was perfect , not to dry, not to moist.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Ribs were excellent. We also did steaks, burgers, and Nodle's famous hot dogs lol. Didn't get to the brisket though, next time.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Would you purchase and use this for doing burgers, brats and 'dogs?
Not for just those, no. It does work for those items though. But Nodle assured me he is going to put it to good use. Better make another batch of ribs for your ma @nodle

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Not for just those, no. It does work for those items though. But Nodle assured me he is going to put it to good use. Better make another batch of ribs for your ma @nodle
I expect to see a purchase of a Treager soon or your dead to me.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
While your stoking your fire, I'll just switch my knob and sit back and relax.
Ha, just set some vents and walk away, not much I need to do.  FAR better all around griller/smoker than a Traeger.  Your Traeger is an EXCELLENT smoker.  Ribs, Brisket, Pork butt, things like this you should cook on it.  Things like burger, hotdogs, brats and steaks it should not cook

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Nope.  It's a smoker.  I can find you recipes for doing baked goods on grills and idiots that follow it.  Doesn't mean that's what a person shoudl actually do with a grill

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Nope.  It's a smoker.  I can find you recipes for doing baked goods on grills and idiots that follow it.  Doesn't mean that's what a person shoudl actually do with a grill
I don't know man, come over and I will cook you some burgers and dogs on it and let you make up your own mine. Ask @jmanz how the burgers and dogs turned out. I love how the dogs infuse that smoke flavor.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I need further research on the Green Egg. Boarder I'll be over around 6. Make something good. For science.