Lets discuss Barbecuers

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I thought the tarantula was going to come out of there when you started it up......... :ROFLMAO:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Man she was dirty. It's the first time I have ever cleaned my grates before. Took the hose to them and everything. I used it tonight when the parents came over and what a difference on how my machine ran. Got up to temp fast and held steady. My ash box was pretty full. I even took my stack cover off and cleaned down there as well. Like new again. BTW that Treager all natural cleaner works wonder and it naturally safe.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
We have been making quite a few steak and shrimp kabobs lately, they turn out so great!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Jerky running this morning, new flavors, and new meat type this time with a London broil. Can't wait!(y)

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Pretty proud of my last batch of jerky. By far the best that I have made yet. It was quite a bit at around 7lbs. of meat. Brought some to work and everyone had great comments on it. London broil was a great meat with a low fat content.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Finally got mine out and dusted off. Been using it a lot more lately. I am really wanting to to a Prime Rib.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Planning another batch of jerky? You really do a great job on that.
Ya I would like to I think I got better after the one you tried. Remind me when you come next month and I will make sure to have some ready for you. ;)

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Interesting comparison. Salt is the one seasoning that can penetrate meat without injection. The longer it sets the more it can work it's way in and it is a tenderizer. I do usually throw pink Himalayan salt on my steaks and let them sit with that, but may not for an hour. If planned ahead I may try the longer sitting. It's strange I never tried it with steak since when doing a large hunk of meat (brisket / pork shoulder), I don't start it until I've had it coated in Kosher salt and sitting for 24 hours prior to starting.

Any seasoning other than salt, just rub it on before cooking though, won't make a difference since it can't breakdown and work it's way into the meat, it's only ever on the outer crust.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
My one regret is still missing out on eating an aged steak down in Las Vegas. They age them for like a month or something, I heard they are the best!