Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Lets discuss Barbecuers

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Did some chicken over the weekend. Pretty simple recipe, smoke for 1 hour, turn up to 350 cook for another hour. Not to bad @jmanz .
Glad you liked it. I like to get the assorted chicken pieces all in one package. Legs, wings, thighs. Hard to get any better than that.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Glad you liked it. I like to get the assorted chicken pieces all in one package. Legs, wings, thighs. Hard to get any better than that.
Apparently they didn't have a variety pack so had to go with all drumsticks (that is all I normally eat anyways though).

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Nope, no wifi for me. Traeger came out with a new lineup this year but still pricey for it. My neighbor has a Green Mountain with wifi and loves it. You are right, they do offer a lot of bang for the buck. I would have no problem owning one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Mine has no wifi either. When I bought my Treager there were no other pellet grill makers out there. If I was to buy today I would look into Pit Boss or Green Mountain. More bang for your buck. Nothing wrong with my Treager just a lot more competition out there now.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Kind of reminds me of Ford Pickups. The other brands are now offering more features at a better price. They need to get with the program.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
What are they doing that Ford don't do?
One example is auto 4x4. When the tires start slipping, 4 wheel drive kicks in. It's a nice feature to have around here when you don't want to leave it in 4 high all the time. Rams and I believe Chevy have this in their models comparable to Ford XLT. If you want that feature in a Ford, you have to move up to at least the Lariat which is a considerable price jump. My boss, who was a lifetime Ford pickup driver, just bought a Ram because of all the extras you get. For the price he couldn't pass it up.

There are more features than just the auto 4x4 too they are missing. That's just a big one that comes to mind right now that Ford should include in the XLT's.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya our Chevy's here at work have that feature. I know that old GMC truck that I use to have also had it as well. Strange the make you move up with that, I thought it was kinda standard.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Ya our Chevy's here at work have that feature. I know that old GMC truck that I use to have also had it as well. Strange the make you move up with that, I thought it was kinda standard.
It should be by now. It has been around for a long time. Hell, my 99 Chevy pickup used to have it! And that was not loaded by any means. I've talked to a Ford sales guy about that and he can't figure it out either. He said it's a feature that a lot of people really want.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
It should be by now. It has been around for a long time. Hell, my 99 Chevy pickup used to have it! And that was not loaded by any means. I've talked to a Ford sales guy about that and he can't figure it out either. He said it's a feature that a lot of people really want.
I have used it on our Chevys here. Works great. It's like my parent's "real-time 4wd" where it has this feature on all the time in their Honda where it uses it only when needed.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I have used it on our Chevys here. Works great. It's like my parent's "real-time 4wd" where it has this feature on all the time in their Honda where it uses it only when needed.
Our Edge is that way too.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Seems like these new hot plate grills are the new "Treagers". I went walking through a Walmart yesterday and they had more of those on displays that pellet stoves.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Did you know you can just buy a cast iron griddle for your Traeger?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Made some nice pork chops on the grill tonight. Impressed with the Pit Boss brand of pellets, will defiantly purchase more of them in the future.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Some some pellet stoves in an add the other day for a Cabelas house brand and it did have some nice features such as a window, along with an ash clean out.