Led Zeppelin

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say the perfect traveling music. What an awesome band for their time. I know Travis loves them. Anyone else?

They have a few that I like

Yea, pretty much my favorite. They haven't made a song that I can't listen to. There is so much talent in the 4 members its disgusting. Its very good traveling music indeed you just need to hit play and go, really don't feel the need to switch songs, and believe me I have music A.D.D.

Yea' date=' pretty much my favorite. They haven't made a song that I can't listen to. There is so much talent in the 4 members its disgusting. Its very good traveling music indeed you just need to hit play and go, really don't feel the need to switch songs, and believe me I have music A.D.D.[/quote']Basically sums it up for me to. I don't think they ever made a bad song.

I was thinking about what Travis said. It just seems like they just came into the studios and rocked it out. You can tell they all just worked great together. I think most of the music today comes from the roots of them. What a peak in music back then.

Stairway to Heaven seemed to be their masterpiece.

They have a few good songs, but I would have to agree with davec, at least in the aspect that it seems to be the song they are most popular for with people I know. I like them, but personally haven't ever really gotten into it.

Jimmy Page is into the Occult heavy. :LOL:

They have a few good songs' date=' but I would have to agree with davec, at least in the aspect that it seems to be the song they are most popular for with people I know. I like them, but personally haven't ever really gotten into it.[/quote']You should try them sometime, I'm not a huge fan but their music is really good, alot about women breaking your heart etc.

I never really cared for Stairway so much, my fav is "Over the Hills and Far Away"

They have a few good songs' date=' but I would have to agree with davec, at least in the aspect that it seems to be the song they are most popular for with people I know. I like them, but personally haven't ever really gotten into it.[/quote']You should try them sometime, I'm not a huge fan but their music is really good, alot about women breaking your heart etc.
I'll have to check out some of their other material. Anyone have recommendations of a rockin' song that isn't so well known?

Robert Plant's solo efforts aren't bad either. Little by Little is tastey and dreamy like.

Well another little interesting little "fact" about them is that, they are pretty big nerds. 2 or 3 songs are influenced by....The Lord of the Rings.... thats right. Do yourself a favor and listen to "Misty Moutain hop" and "Battle for Evermore". And bring up the lyrics while your at it. With Admin's permission I will upload a link to them.

I'm going to list my "Favorites".

Acoustic:

Babe I'm gonna leave you

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp....not just Bron-Y-Aur 2 diff songs

Over the hills and far away

Going to California

Tangerine

Thank you

Epic songs:

Gallows Pole

Achilles Last Stand

"psychedelic":

Kashmir

In the light

No Quarter

Dazed and Confused

If your more interested in Jimmy Page's best work take a look at "White Summer Black Mountain Side" its a bit obscure but rather impressive instrumental. Also John Bonham has a percussion solo called Bonzo's Montreux.

That should get you headed in some Zeppelin direction, if your really have never listen to them.

I really like the song "No Quarter".

Well picked this up tonight and me and my dad watched most of disk one tonight. One word... WOW. Such amazing artist. Davec would love it on his surround, has so many audio channel outputs. Anyways worth the buy. :smt020

Back