What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lawn mowing

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Ah yes boys it's that time of the year again. As @jmanz always says "it's the call of the wild". The constant sound of mowers running in the distance. It has begun. Nothing like the early part of the Spring where you have to mow twice in one week just to keep up. Yes this is in the vent forum because I hate doing it. The results looks great, but only for about a week then you have to rinse and repeat. To add to it there must had been some dog shit in my yard and I must had run it over and so I had to ride around on my mower with that constant smell. Welcome to summer (then comes the watering):(

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Ah yes boys it's that time of the year again. As @jmanz always says "it's the call of the wild". The constant sound of mowers running in the distance. It has begun. Nothing like the early part of the Spring where you have to mow twice in one week just to keep up. Yes this is in the vent forum because I hate doing it. The results looks great, but only for about a week then you have to rinse and repeat. To add to it there must had been some dog shit in my yard and I must had run it over and so I had to ride around on my mower with that constant smell. Welcome to summer (then comes the watering):(
Hahaha funny stuff. Call of the wild indeed. Got mine out last Saturday. I actually enjoy mowing. A mindless activity and you can zone out for awhile. Plus exercise and fresh air. I agree, the watering isn't so fun. Easy with sprinklers but $$$$$

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Hahaha funny stuff. Call of the wild indeed. Got mine out last Saturday. I actually enjoy mowing. A mindless activity and you can zone out for awhile. Plus exercise and fresh air. I agree, the watering isn't so fun. Easy with sprinklers but $$$$$
You still cut your own lawn? I thought your butler did it for you?

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Oh Fifi? She doesn't mow.
Fifi? Is she a she? Heard she only "vacuums" if you now what I mean...

Have not had to mow yet here as it's not long since I properly cut it before winter ;) and has not grown much yet. Starting to turn green though and grow a little. Have not turned on the sprinklers yet or fertilized. I have my staff get to it yet.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member

Have not had to mow yet here as it's not long since I properly cut it before winter ;) and has not grown much yet. Starting to turn green though and grow a little. Have not turned on the sprinklers yet or fertilized. I have my staff get to it yet.
You have a underground system don't you?

jmanz

I bought you the sims

It's still slowly greening up here. I just did a round to bag up some of the rif raff on the lawn. And it was such a nice day to get the mower running.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Lawn looks really good right now except for some dandelions (this happens early every year). I also planted 2 more trees this weekend. I don't have much faith in them but we will see (daughters got them free from library).

ryanator

Mathematical
I bought a new basic push lawn mower for my dad's house. It's a basic 21" rear bagger, auto-choke, YardMachine with a chinese (Powermore) engine, but as long as you service it right, it should last. We never used the side chute throwing the grass, so didn't care it didn't have one (though I know these are optimal for speed and tall thick grass. We like the fact that it doesn't have the self propelled feature which is another thing to go wrong and makes it heavier, but the lawn is simple and flat. We were disappointed that it doesn't have a quick handle folding capability like the last. The small side shed in the yard is not deep enough, so it needs the handle to fold to store after each use. I still want to use the reel mower, and actually liked it, but need to make up some brackets to make the mowing height taller.

I am excited about the new gas can I bought, no spared expenses on a durable and safe fuel storage to last a life time. I got a Justrite 5 gallon type II can with spout. All metal.

Last edited:

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
That is a sweet gas can @ryanator . They gas cans I hate are those "no spill" versions. I spill more out of them than a standard one. I picked up a suicide knob for my rider. I love those things, so much easier to control.

ryanator

Mathematical
That is a sweet gas can @ryanator . They gas cans I hate are those "no spill" versions. I spill more out of them than a standard one. I picked up a suicide knob for my rider. I love those things, so much easier to control.
I was about to buy a no spill but, plastic doesn't last as long, taints fuel slowly and the no spill spout seemed gimmicky.

I was looking at a milspec jerry can, but heard the spouts can have issues of not a genuine kind.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Every year before I run my lawnmower I always dump some Seafoam in with my gas as well. It will stabilize any old fuel left over along with cleaning your carburetor. That stuff is magic in a can.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Need some rain here now, I think everyone of my tress are blooming now with white flowers. Suppose to rain this weekend though. I did bring up my water for my back lawn.

Top Bottom