Help for my business information systems class

Mike

Reaction score
So for my business information systems class, I have to write this thing called a security handbook.  I put it off for 4 weeks and now it's due tomorrow.  In the paper I need to talk about all the security threats to your computer.  Such as, viruses, trojans, worms, popups, brute force attacks, ddos attacks, phishing....pretty much everything.  I need to get information on what all this stuff is, how to prevent/fix it, who does it, etc....

I have a basic idea of what almost everything on the list is, but I was wondering if anyone had any good resources they knew of, off the top of their head?  Other than googling each one of these words or looking them up in wikipedia.  Anything is appreciated.

Is it based off of hacking/cracking  or spyware/virsus? Are you wondering about protecting yourself from hacks/cracks or from spyware/virsus? If it is on the hack/crack side is it software cracking/hardware cracking or like hacking into a computer? Do you need to know about helping to protect your self like with a hardware/software based firewall? Or do you jsut pick a subject to do the report on?

Don't forget the most overly looked threat....STUPID USERS!  :-D

Your ultimate fool proof method of securing your computer how ever impractical it is but 100% effective is to simply never turn it on.  :roll:

Thanks for the help guys.  Spent like 18 hours straight on it yesterday and got it done.  (btw - I did put something in the conclusion about it never being completely secure.)

Thanks for the help guys.  Spent like 18 hours straight on it yesterday and got it done.  (btw - I did put something in the conclusion about it never being completely secure.)
Ya thats a good way to end it. I don't care what type of software or hardware you come out with. i have said it before and I will say it again... "There is always someone smarter..."

Back