Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

L.E.D. flashlights

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Does anyone else have an obsession with them? I seem to find myself enjoying the little pocket L.E.D. flashlights. They are also great to keep around for security since most of them have a strobe feature. Anyone else into them?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Bought my Dad a nice Nebo. They seems to be quite good for what you pay for them.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I ordered the Nebo 5620. I should have it the beginning of next week. I will post what I think of it.

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
& yeah i do like them!

last year I was hiking the M in Butte and some drunk dudes were up on top of the M and I was taking pics with my cellphone on the side of the path about 200~ yards below them. They started yelling at me (HEY! HEEEEEEEEEEY!) in an angry voice. I got out my 300 lumen wal-mart flashlight and shined it at them and heard the other one go "shut up dude that's a cop!"

lol

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
& yeah i do like them!

last year I was hiking the M in Butte and some drunk dudes were up on top of the M and I was taking pics with my cellphone on the side of the path about 200~ yards below them. They started yelling at me (HEY! HEEEEEEEEEEY!) in an angry voice. I got out my 300 lumen wal-mart flashlight and shined it at them and heard the other one go "shut up dude that's a cop!"

lol
This is great!

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Here's the one I bought last year. Thrunite  Works very good and has a good variety of light output settings. It's a "survival" grade flash light at a good price.

I have the 2014 model, looks like they now have the new 2016 out with some slightly upgraded features.  Might have to pick up a second one which I wanted to anyways.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Here's the one I bought last year. Thrunite  Works very good and has a good variety of light output settings. It's a "survival" grade flash light at a good price.

I have the 2014 model, looks like they now have the new 2016 out with some slightly upgraded features.  Might have to pick up a second one which I wanted to anyways.
That looks like a good one.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
That looks like a good one.
It does work really good and the battery lasts long.  They have the option of the cool white or Natural.  I went with natural since it lets objects give off truer colors.  The cool white does have a perceived 20% increase light output though.  

LED flashlights like this have been coming out in droves lately, so no longer does one need to spend $200+ on a Surefire light.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Just received my Nebo 5620. It also came with the batteries and a lanyard. Gonna try it out tonight. It's already bright. Has a mode to switch between 10-50-100-then strobe-then sos. The sos actually spells out sos in Morse code. Pretty cool.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I got to play with it some last night. So dam bright even on the lowest setting. The zoom is nice but I like it set to wide. Anyways I am pleased with it for the money and features. It will replace my old one in my gun drawer now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Been awhile, picked up this tonight. It was cheap but a neat idea.

You just pull it and it instantly activates, then you can pull it more to turn it into lantern mode.

But I did see this baby there too. It's massive. I am considering it.

This completely waterproof (IPX7) flashlight features a powerful 2,000 lumen output, 4x adjustable zoom, 5 unique light modes and a convenient carry lanyard.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I picked up this little flashlight off Amazon a few weeks ago and I am pretty impressed on the size and how it just runs off one AAA battery.

Link