Owning a gun in America could get you killed

Davidc

Reaction score
While it still technically remains legal to own a firearm in America, possessing one can now get you pulled over, searched, arrested, subjected to all manner of surveillance, treated as a suspect without ever having committed a crime, shot at and killed.This same rule does not apply to government agents, however, who are armed to the hilt and rarely given more than a slap on the wrists for using their weapons to shoot and kill American citizens.

According to the Washington Post, “1 in 13 people killed by guns are killed by police.”

Just recently, for example, a Minnesota jury acquitted a police officer who shot and killed 32-year-old Philando Castile, a school cafeteria supervisor, during a routine traffic stop merely because Castile disclosed that he had a gun in his possession, for which he had a lawful conceal-and-carry permit. That’s all it took for police to shoot Castile four times as he was reaching for his license and registration. Castile’s girlfriend and her 4-year-old daughter witnessed the entire exchange.
New paradigm in which legally owning a gun turns you into a target for government sharp-shooters.

That's what I don't like about ND's concealed carry law. You must report that you have a concealment when pulled over. Might end up like that guy from Minnesota. "Minnesota jury acquitted a police officer who shot and killed 32-year-old Philando Castile" If you watch the footage it was complete bullcrap. Did race play into it? You can get out of trouble but, you can't get out of dead. 

That's what I don't like about ND's concealed carry law. You must report that you have a concealment when pulled over.
So I haven't looked into their law, does that mean that anyone can carry without a permit? I guess the only draw back would be reciprocity states and not being able to travel across state lines. I know we actually have open carry here. I don't see many people do it, but there was a guy in our DQ with a gun on his hip the other day. But then again guns are kinda a standard around here where no one even bats an eye.

"does that mean that anyone can carry without a permit" Probably not felons. ND is quasi-open carry. You can't have one in the pipe or if a revolver, none in the cylinder. I think one would get swarmed pretty quick in the larger cities. I did see a gentleman in Grand Forks open carrying on youtube. (and yes he did get "checked out.")

The wife said she saw a guy in a Jamestown restaurant with hefty six iron hanging off his hip. Eating with family of five type of deal. (wasn't law enforcement)

Back