Put your shopping carts back

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So tired of seeing this. You get done using your shopping cart, find a cart holder and push it in. It only takes 1 more minute out of your day. I think everyone should have to work a job that has shopping carts, so that for the rest of their lives they continue to put them back. It makes a huge difference on the guy/gal collecting the carts and less damages to vehicles as well. I was just parked next to a lady yesterday she puts her groceries in and just leaves it sitting there taking up two parking spaces. How lazy can you be?

I hate this as well. I've never had a job having to collect them, but always put my cart in a corral, because of them blowing around parking lots putting dings in cars, etc. It is lazy and incredibly inconsiderate of everyone else in the parking lot to leave your cart anywhere else.

There should be video review and shopping bans for people that don't return carts - or every store should have to put in the pay type of corral where you have to pay some fee to get a cart, and then you get the full amount back when you check your cart back into the corral. ALDI, for example requires a $0.25 payment to get a cart. You get it back when you return you cart. Everyone should put this in, but use a credit/debit card hold and make it like $5 or more on the line if you don't return the cart. People will then pay to be lazy and it won't be many, they'll put their cart back, or they will be mad about it and not get a cart

where you have to pay some fee to get a cart, and then you get the full amount back when you check your cart back into the corral. ALDI, for example requires a $0.25 payment to get a cart. You get it back when you return you cart. Everyone should put this in, but use a credit/debit card hold and make it like $5 or more on the line if you don't return the cart. People will then pay to be lazy and it won't be many, they'll put their cart back, or they will be mad about it and not get a cart
I like this idea. I had a similar on years ago. It would make a difference and change peoples minds

The idea has been around a long time, just not often implemented. I think the first time I "saw" such a thing was in the movie "The Terminal" (2004) where the main character is returning left behind baggage carts in an airport to collect the change to pay for meals.

I know ;)

I hate this as well. I've never had a job having to collect them, but always put my cart in a corral, because of them blowing around parking lots putting dings in cars, etc. It is lazy and incredibly inconsiderate of everyone else in the parking lot to leave your cart anywhere else.There should be video review and shopping bans for people that don't return carts - or every store should have to put in the pay type of corral where you have to pay some fee to get a cart, and then you get the full amount back when you check your cart back into the corral. ALDI, for example requires a $0.25 payment to get a cart. You get it back when you return you cart. Everyone should put this in, but use a credit/debit card hold and make it like $5 or more on the line if you don't return the cart. People will then pay to be lazy and it won't be many, they'll put their cart back, or they will be mad about it and not get a cart

Back