One day per year

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The other day here at work we had our power go on and off a few times during the day. I never realized how much we count on it. Without it I can't even work or relax. Then I thought to myself. How nice would it be for just one time during the year the world went without power for an entire day. What would people do? The world would colapse in boredom. But I think it would be good for the world, people could just talk or find other things to do. Just think of the saving in power alone just for that one day. Would you be able to handle it?

The other day here at work we had our power go on and off a few times during the day. I never realized how much we count on it. Without it I can't even work or relax. Then I thought to myself. How nice would it be for just one time during the year the world went without power for an entire day. What would people do? The world would colapse in boredom. But I think it would be good for the world, people could just talk or find other things to do. Just think of the saving in power alone just for that one day. Would you be able to handle it?
One could read a good harlequin romance by candlelight.  :twisted:

I don't think our nation could survive a day without electricity.  Our national defense system needs it (no power would be nice for the terrorists) and our banking and charging relies on it.  Bank cards and credit cards I think are used more than cash in today's society.  Oh, and let us not forget that my heat is supplied by electricity...bbrrrr.  If we must have a day without power, lets do it in June when I don't need a heater or an air conditioner.

Back