Guitar Hero 2

C Pav

Reaction score
It's coming out for the X Box 360 next week and I think I am getting it since my fiance loves to play it too.

Why not just get for the ps2?

Why not just get a guitar  ;-)

Why not just get for the ps2?
Because I like the 360 better, has newer songs, and stuff because I like stuff.

Why not just get a guitar  ;-)
Because I like games, alot, and can't play a guitar....oh and  :abby:

I picked this up last night and it is sweet.

I picked this up last night and it is sweet.
I needs to play and rock out.

Have you ever seen the modded guitar hero controllers?  Someone will gut the controller and "put" it into a real guitar... http://forum.guitarherogame.com/ click and search...there used to be a lot...

Anyway...I saw this thread and wondered if there was a simulator available for the PC.  There are 3 I found.  I downloaded two of them, but don't know when I'll ever be able to check them out....

http://www.viosh.net/?page_id=2PC Guitar Hero Clone

No screenshots to speak of, but maybe its worth a look *shrug*

At first glance I thought they had a very active forum, but it turns out, that it is been taken over by spammers...ick

http://www.freetar.net/index.phpFreetar Hero, which is apparently so good the dude got himself a job at activision

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/uv/fretsonfire/  Has potential, well screenshots.

Lastly....

360's Guitar Hero II guitar works in Windows, Frets on Fire

>> From joystiq.com:

The USB-equipped X-plorer guitar that ships with the just-released Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 has some interesting tricks up its nonexistant but metaphorically convenient sleeve. Randy tipped us off that the guitar controller works in Windows Vista, but we had to check for ourself. This image was captured in Windows XP.Of course, we quickly fired up freeware PC clone, Frets on Fire, to see if we could manage to get these two to play nicely together. Sure enough, after a minute of changing the control configuration, we were able to rock out! Unfortunately, while Mac OS X recognized the device immediately, it failed to be detected as an HID-compliant gamepad by either GamePad Companion or the open source Xbox 360 Controller driver.
Full Story: joystiq.comDiscuss this news item on our forums: forums.xbox-scene.com <---Neat site for xbox stuff....

So ya...I didn't want to double post...So I am modifying again....anyways...Just found this

Idiot Proof Guide to playing custom made songs in GH2 (for PS2.)  looks neat

I needs to play...

This game rocks! I wants now, thx Corey.

Dear Lord i picked this up tonight. I can't stop myself. It got real weird tonight when my hands just took over and i had no control over them and i blew threw everything, and i am halfway through the medium ones now. Please save me from this game. I haven't played anything this fun in a long time. Do yourself a favor and go get this thing! :twisted:

Dear Lord i picked this up tonight. I can't stop myself. It got real weird tonight when my hands just took over and i had no control over them and i blew threw everything, and i am halfway through the medium ones now. Please save me from this game. I haven't played anything this fun in a long time. Do yourself a favor and go get this thing! :twisted:
Yeeeeeeeeeee, I got you addicted you money spending fiend.  :twisted: :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035

He'll need to do what he's told and get a real guitar now.

Well i beat the game on medium. Free bird was a bi%#$! I think my hands are going to fall off.

Well i beat the game on medium. Free bird was a bi%#$! I think my hands are going to fall off.
Yeah, I fiished medium today as well and Free Bird was long and hard but enjoyable. I have been working on beating all easy songs with 5 stars.

Yeah, I fiished medium today as well and Free Bird was long and hard but enjoyable. I have been working on beating all easy songs with 5 stars.
Seriously when i got done with free bird i thought my hands were gonna explode.

Back