Were just a dot

Carl Sagan looks down at earth from a telescope billions of miles away and sees a spec and wonders if all of the bloodshed on this spec was worth it.  I stand here in my world and look up at Carl Sagan's telescope and see a spec and wonder why billions of dollars went to that rather than building schools, hospitals, and a better government. 

Carl Sagan looks down at earth from a telescope billions of miles away and sees a spec and wonders if all of the bloodshed on this spec was worth it.  I stand here in my world and look up at Carl Sagan's telescope and see a spec and wonder why billions of dollars went to that rather than building schools, hospitals, and a better government. 
That maybe would have prevented the bloodshed in the first place.

That maybe would have prevented the bloodshed in the first place.
Everyone dies and evil will always corrupt the world.  Carl's telescope isn't going save us.  That bloodshed was people using their lives to better this planet.  If we have to die, what better way to put a purpose to our death.

So are you saying that people are born with 50/50 percent of good verses evil? Are we not encoded from birth to destroy? What is mankinds obsession with destruction and war? Or is it all just a choice? Ying and Yang, black and white, good vs. evil?

I wasn't saying people are born with a 50/50 at all.  Evil corrupts the world because the devil walks the planet.  However, since you brought it up, all of man are born into sin.  We are born evil and corrupt at birth.  Even good people do evil things.  People who die trying to combat evil; even though from a billion miles away we are just a spec; are atleast using their death for a purpose, (even though we are just a spec and it doesn't really matter anyway)...saracasm

This belongs in this thread.http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3974466981713172831&q=planets

Kinda gives you a size comparison.
That video is great.The best example of how small earth really is that I ever saw was at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. They had a 30ft x 30ft mural that was a depiction of the universe and in the lower righthand corner was a small dot with and arrow that said "Milky Way Galaxy"
Reminds me of the end of the "Men in black" movie with the aliens playing marbles with our planets.

Back