Installing gutters

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So the snow is melting around here the last couple of days and there is a lot of water dripping off our garage. For some stupid reason they have no gutters on it. So me and my Dad decided to go get some and install them. Wasn't to hard of a job. We went with metal ones and not plastic. We are just running it along the front above the 3 garage doors. Then it will drop down into a rain collecting barrel we decided. Only got about $105 so far invested in it. But it has already made a difference. Anyone else been around installing gutters?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So an update. We decided to add a rain barrel at the end of the garage and run the down pipe into it. At the bottom we installed a faucet to allow a hose to be hooked up to let the water run away from the house or use a bucket to fill with rain water.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
So an update. We decided to add a rain barrel at the end of the garage and run the down pipe into it. At the bottom we installed a faucet to allow a hose to be hooked up to let the water run away from the house or use a bucket to fill with rain water.
Pics?  We need to do gutters come spring time.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
We actually had to do a little modifying today on this. We never got the downspout to the barrel correct. Found a fix today though that worked out awesome. I'll try to take a pic when the weather breaks here. My dad was right though about water leveling itself. We have a little hump on the side of the garage. You can hook up a garden hose to it and run it over the little hump and the rain runs into the barrel them out the end of the hose.