What's new

Installed L.E.D. light bar

nodle

Administrator
So this weekend I bought my Dad a L.E.D. light bar for the front of their vehicle. Around here they are a big item. You see them mounted on every type of vehicle, from side by sides, to trucks, to even cars. Their old vehicle had two small square lights mounted on a bracket over their license plate. I was going to order new L.E.D. versions of the two lights, but once I found out that the bear mounts can slide on the bottom, I thought to myself they should just expand and fit in the two previous holes. Plus I figured if you going to do it might as well go all out. So I went with a 20" L.E.D. light bar. The relay and switch were mounted already in the vehicle from the wiring of the previous lights. We did a nice job heat shrinking everything to protect from moisture etc. Also had to re-enforce the bracket some more to make it more steady. The hardest part was waiting for night to come to see the effects. It looks way better on the front of the vehicle since it has a square grill design, the L.E.D. light bar just blends in naturally. That evening we took it out. Now this is only a 20" version, they make the ones that mount above the windshield the full length. But let me tell you it is insane! The light output is crazy. It's not just in front of you but the whole wide area it lights up. Like you can see the top of telephone poles and the tops of trees. You could light up a whole forest. It was a fun project, thinking about getting one for my truck now. I was impressed!

nodle

Administrator
Well I ordered some parts today to do my truck next. Just can't decide if I want to go smaller with a 12" led light bar, or go with the 20". They are both the same price.

nodle

Administrator
Well I ended up going with something totally different. I ended up going with some round ones instead of a bar. Thought I would switch it up a bit. Ended up getting the flood versions.

61Lg7arcF1L._SY355_.jpg