Amazon Prime has gone downhill and SUCKS

Amazon has been pumping out packages pretty fast lately for me, some even coming before their normal delivery times lately. I know our UPS has been driving around in multiple U-haul trucks around here just trying to keep up.

I don't do as much buying as some here but it seems like Amazon has been getting beat on prices for some of their electronics. Best Buy and Walmart seem to be lower on quite a few things. Flash sales excluded. Just talking every day prices.

It depends. I have found many things cheaper even in local stores. But for people like me that don't have a Best Buy or Walmart close by, this is where I don't mind paying the extra to have it delivered to my door in two days, this is where Amazon made all their money off of people like me out in the middle of nowhere. In fact they started off as a bookstore and made money off of people like me with no access to a bookstore in the early days.

It depends. I have found many things cheaper even in local stores. But for people like me that don't have a Best Buy or Walmart close by, this is where I don't mind paying the extra to have it delivered to my door in two days, this is where Amazon made all their money off of people like me out in the middle of nowhere. In fact they started off as a bookstore and made money off of people like me with no access to a bookstore in the early days.
That may have been true in the past, but now more companies are adding comparable 2 day shipping without extra fees like Prime. Pays to shop around. Amazon isn't the only game in town anymore.

That may have been true in the past, but now more companies are adding comparable 2 day shipping without extra fees like Prime. Pays to shop around. Amazon isn't the only game in town anymore.
They have the best website though. Want to know why Newegg made it though the tech website shutdown era? Because it was a clean layout with great pictures. Walmart and Best Buys website is garbage. They could be more competitive if they would both re-do them.

They have the best website though. Want to know why Newegg made it though the tech website shutdown era? Because it was a clean layout with great pictures. Walmart and Best Buys website is garbage. They could be more competitive if they would both re-do them.
I can't argue that, they do have the nicest website out of the three. But saving money impresses me more.

I can't argue that, they do have the nicest website out of the three. But saving money impresses me more.
A guy dropping a nickle impress you more than his lady with a great ass.

The lady with a great ass isn't hanging with a dude with nickels.

Well once your'e married, 5 cents is 5 cents...

Have you noticed a tendency for more and more places to use content management systems like Drupal or WordPress? If done right those aren't so bad but, man do they get

formulaic with the bland templates.

Have you noticed a tendency for more and more places to use content management systems like Drupal or WordPress? If done right those aren't so bad but, man do they getformulaic with the bland templates.
Are you talking about small websites or large? Most of the large ones are usually custom coded, they might use some Drupal, but not Wordpress. I would love to see the support staff for Amazons website, I bet it consists off a few hundred people or more alone.

Amazon Prime going up 20%. Saw on the news today.

Not even sure I feel it's worth to continue. 2 day shipping has become 3 to 4 days lately.

Not even sure I feel it's worth to continue. 2 day shipping has become 3 to 4 days lately.
Agreed it ain't what it use to be.

They have got to be careful, they have already raised it substantially last time. You think the worlds richest man would just leave it alone.

Amazon.com on Friday raised the monthly fee for Amazon Prime, its fast-shipping and video-streaming service, to $12.99 from $10.99, while maintaining the annual fee.

The annual Prime membership fees would remain at $99 and for student members at $49.
So for us that pay yearly we are ok still. They are just raising the monthly payment. Basically forcing people to pay up front. I'm ok with that though.Source

Just wanted to say sometime Amazon customer service is top notch, I just think it depends on who you get. I did a live chat with a girl yesterday and I wasn't really complaining about shipping, but she next day a package for me and I was just happy with regular shipping. I didn't even have to pay for it, top notch customer service!

Just wanted to say sometime Amazon customer service is top notch, I just think it depends on who you get. I did a live chat with a girl yesterday and I wasn't really complaining about shipping, but she next day a package for me and I was just happy with regular shipping. I didn't even have to pay for it, top notch customer service!
So you cybered her then.........

Ordered a new Fire Stick and the shipping is a day later than the Prime promised date. Oh well.

Ordered a new Fire Stick and the shipping is a day later than the Prime promised date. Oh well.
Get on with chat, they will take care of you.

Back