Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Idaho gun laws

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Over the weekend we took a trip to Idaho. While at dinner I kept seeing people walking in with guns on their hips, then all weekend I saw them everywhere. Then I remembered they recently had changed their laws:

As of July 1, 2016, Idaho statute allows residents 21 years of age, not disqualified from having a permit, to carry a concealed firearm statewide without a permit. Permitless carry is already legal outside of city limits for individuals 18 or older, and open carry is currently legal within city limits.

A person does not have to have a concealed weapons license to carry or be in possession of a deadly weapon or firearm in the following circumstances:

• Any deadly weapon located in plain view;
  • Any lawfully possessed shotgun or rifle;
  • A firearm that is not loaded and is concealed in a motor vehicle;
  • A firearm that is not loaded and is secured in a case;
  • A firearm that is disassembled or permanently altered such that it is not readily operable; and
  • A concealed handgun by a person who is:
    • Over twenty-one (21) years of age;
    • A resident of Idaho; and
    • Is not disqualified from being issued a license under subsection (11) of this section.
I really liked this. You honestly felt safer with everyone walking around with one on their hip. I hope other states follow this idea as well.