Ice ice baby

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
My roommate was shoveling yesterday (I did it the first 3 times), and he was out there for over an hour and some neighbor came with his bobcat and took care of everything in 5 minutes, I felt bad.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
The weather was no good.  Between my neighbors and I our driveway was blown out 4-5 times during the lulls.  Even with the blower it took a fair amount of time.  Got out on interstate as soon as it opened and I'm still not sure what the hold up was.  The road was in great shape and while we had huge snowbanks in town there wasn't much along the road.  I think they just didn't want to pay the extra to have people manning the plows over the holiday

Ludacris

Fluxoid's Doctor
Members
The weather was no good.  Between my neighbors and I our driveway was blown out 4-5 times during the lulls.  Even with the blower it took a fair amount of time.  Got out on interstate as soon as it opened and I'm still not sure what the hold up was.  The road was in great shape and while we had huge snowbanks in town there wasn't much along the road.  I think they just didn't want to pay the extra to have people manning the plows over the holiday
The wind kept most of the snow off of the highway.  Visibility was horrible, but the snow did not pile up unless it was a section of highway not exposed to winds (which is almost never on a ND highway).

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well I tried this morning, power went out on me in the shower, then off and on this morning. Tried heading in, but they had the road closed down from low hanging power lines and semis hitting them. Kinda glad though because when I got home it started to snow already. Hope people are bundled up. I think this is going to be a big one. :andy:

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Well I tried this morning, power went out on me in the shower, then off and on this morning. Tried heading in, but they had the road closed down from low hanging power lines and semis hitting them. Kinda glad though because when I got home it started to snow already. Hope people are bundled up. I think this is going to be a big one. :andy:
Not cool. Tonight its supposed to hit here.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Dam my power keeps going on and off here. I'll be in the middle of typing then it cuts out.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya I have a ups. But I am on the wifes laptop. Our power wont stay on for more than a minute. It's kinda getting scary all morning it will be on for about a minute then kick off then kick back on. No time for your house to heat up. The wife said that generators are sold out everywhere because of this. As I am typing now the power has been off for a solid 10 minutes. Starting to get worried.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well that was a little scary. We were without power for about an hour solid. I was kinda starting to worry, the temp in the house was dropping and it's starting to blizzard out. My phone battery is about out and I was on hold with the power company. I can't even imagine what you would do if you were out for an evening. We all take power for granted, if we were out all evening your house would be freezing what would you do then? Normally I don't get scared but I was really started to get worried. Bad part is the storm is just starting. If you don't see me on here for awhile you know what happened.