How to find out devices in network by MAC address

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So my router has an option to name you devices by MAC address. So I thought I would go through and add names that way you know what devices are attached to your network. Well if you have ever tried to look up look a device on Google by MAC you may luck out and find a manufacture or chipset which you might be able to narrow it down. This little program will scan every device and it will do a good job locating the names for you. It can either be installed or run portable as well (I love portable programs). It also has tons of advanced options. I think I used this program years ago but I thought I would mention it to others that may want to do the same as me and look up by MAC or use for work etc.

Advanced IP Scanner

Reliable and free network scanner to analyse LAN. The program shows all network devices, gives you access to shared folders, provides remote control of computers (via RDP and Radmin), and can even remotely switch computers off. It is easy to use and runs as a portable edition. It should be the first choice for every network admin.