Let's talk beards

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks to @jmanz let's talk beards. Were going the opposite of @C Pav and his 24k gold plated razors. What do you use to take care of your beards? @jmanz recommend this.

BBS-2T.jpg

https://www.honestamish.com/

I have grown beard off and on, but I never knew they made a product to make it not it. This was always the only thing from stopping me making it get long. Let's see what happens. Anyone else recommend anything?

So we got a good balm, now to research a brush and comb. Amazon sells tons, boar bristles are the way to go. Seems like ZilberHaar seems to be the leader in the boar bristles brushes.

It looks like the hand made Kent combs are the best.

Ordered the ZilberHaa , and Kent comb today. :cool:

I really like that balm. It's like butter and smells like a barber shop from the old days.

I picked me up a double-sided sandalwood comb today. Man the smell is great and it feels good running though the bear. Make sure you grab a 100% sandalwood one.

Found a local place that carries some nice beard accessories, picked up some oil, and shampoo.

Found a local place that carries some nice beard accessories, picked up some oil, and shampoo.
I found a similar place in town selling their own products. Stuff looks pricey though. I'll probably pass for now.

So I didn't understand the oil compared to the balm. They said to apply the oil more to keep your skin moisturized underneath the beard. It is more to keep your skin healthy as the beard pushes through. They recommend it after washing your bead or taking a shower. It don't take mush depending on the size of your beard. One or two drops. I just used some and the smell from this stuff is absolutely amazing!

h%3Fid%3DOIP.69uGK-BR5wmkLtkZ5Ou8dQHaHa%26pid%3D15.jpg

So I didn't understand the oil compared to the balm. They said to apply the oil more to keep your skin moisturized underneath the beard. It is more to keep your skin healthy as the beard pushes through. They recommend it after washing your bead or taking a shower. It don't take mush depending on the size of your beard. One or two drops. I just used some and the smell from this stuff is absolutely amazing!h%3Fid%3DOIP.69uGK-BR5wmkLtkZ5Ou8dQHaHa%26pid%3D15.jpg
That's really what you are supposed to do with the balm too. Into the skin under the beard for the most part.

You know this oil almost feel better to me. The balm seems very greasy to me. I need more time to compare though. Maybe I need to use less of it though. But the balm ain't got nothing on the smell of this. It's like cologne for you face.

You know this oil almost feel better to me. The balm seems very greasy to me. I need more time to compare though. Maybe I need to use less of it though. But the balm ain't got nothing on the smell of this. It's like cologne for you face.
You don't need to use much of the balm. Just a small bit on the pinky finger, especially when you are just starting a beard. That tin should last a long time. Watch some youtube videos.....even the guys with massive beards don't use much.

Well just hit the store and picked up 3 more bottles of oil.

Well I may have just got another 4 bottles. :whistle:

Got my brushes today, that Kent comb feels like silk.

The ZilberHaar bush is excellent. I like the way it feels against your skin. It is a stiff bristle though. If you have any itching under your neck, just run this over it and it feel so much better.

Ordered some more product. I was up late watching some videos on maintenance, like everyone says you got to make it over that 3 week mark then it all changes and things calm down and your set.

After talking to @jmanz sounds like my Amish beard balm turned out to be Amish apple sauce. :ROFLMAO:

Back