Stocks and investments

That market today boys.

200.gif

Looks like the stimulus talks failed yet again, gonna be a crappy ride until the election now.

Looks like the stimulus talks failed yet again, gonna be a crappy ride until the election now.
Get your shopping list ready in case things tank <- says the guy wishing he'd bought into a few things back in March/April when everything dived and started turning around

Last edited by a moderator:
Get your shopping list ready in case things tank <- says the guy wishing he'd bought into a few things back in March/April when everything dived and started turning around
That was a great time to buy. You could literally throw a dart at the board.

So Tuesday was bad, but leveled out, now today it's crapping out again. People are saying a big crash is coming. I see two big changes coming myself. One, the week before the election, and second, the day after the election. I foresee people pulling out the week before that think Trump will lose. and the day after if Trump wins they will skyrocket, if he loses people will be pulling out.
Playing out...

Playing out...
I still think it has more to do with the stimulus talks right now. When the negotiations are said to be going well, the market goes up. And the opposite. Gridlock currently with more pessimism.

Another shit show today.

200.gif

Looks like a great day in the market due to the vaccine.

Yeah, overall it's up. Really good day for some. Not so good for others that were pumping due to the pandemic and all the work from home (streaming, logitech, etc). It will still be a while before a vaccine makes much difference, so I'd guess most of those that are dropping will turn around soon enough

Airbnb and Doordash setting these high IPO openings. The only reason these two companies are doing good right now is because of the Covid. One that goes away these stocks will drop like flies. Can't blame the guys though, build it up then sell out right away before the drop.

These prices are crazy. That said, Airbnb isn't going away. In fact, the thought of staying in a hotel anymore kind of turns me off. And it did even before covid.

These prices are crazy. That said, Airbnb isn't going away. In fact, the thought of staying in a hotel anymore kind of turns me off. And it did even before covid.
I agree they are not going away, but at the same time the only reason they are hot people around here are permanently renting them like homes.

I agree they are not going away, but at the same time the only reason they are hot people around here are permanently renting them like homes.
People want privacy and cleanliness. Something hotels lack. This will only increase going forward.

People want privacy and cleanliness. Something hotels lack. This will only increase going forward.
I don't know what hotels you have been staying in, but you can't expect much when your staying in hotels like The Tumbleweed Inn, because you saved $20 bucks.

I don't know what hotels you have been staying in, but you can't expect much when your staying in hotels like The Tumbleweed Inn, because you saved $20 bucks.
Imagine being in an elevator with strangers. The woke crowd isn't going to go for it. Sharing a breakfast buffet? Nope.

Imagine being in an elevator with strangers. The woke crowd isn't going to go for it. Sharing a breakfast buffet? Nope.
Imagine not having an breakfast that is included with your stay, so you have to run to the coinvent store down the street to buy a couple of Twinkies and big gulps because your kids are screaming that they are hungry. Then when you leave you found out that the Airbnb usually changes you an extra cleaning fee on top of your bill since it's not worked in the rental price, and then it hits you that you spent even more than the hotel.

Imagine not having an breakfast that is included with your stay, so you have to run to the coinvent store down the street to buy a couple of Twinkies and big gulps because your kids are screaming that they are hungry. Then when you leave you found out that the Airbnb usually changes you an extra cleaning fee on top of your bill since it's not worked in the rental price, and then it hits you that you spent even more than the hotel.
Pay a little more to have your own private pool and outdoor patio and not catch the flu from the state band teams staying at the hotel? Sounds terrible.

Pay a little more to have your own private pool and outdoor patio and not catch the flu from the state band teams staying at the hotel? Sounds terrible.
That private pool ends up being a an inflatable (but still considered a pool), and the state band team is a all college girls team that end up hitting the pool with you.

Back