Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Home improvement bidding website

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So as part of my job I have to look up bids for future jobs. This requires searching public records, a bunch of websites, and even a few companies that specialize in collecting bids and you pay them a monthly fee to access blueprints and plans. So how it works is say a city wants a new parking lot, or a new water system, new park etc. They put this bid out and companies will bid on it and whoever has the lowest price wins the job.

So this got me thinking. Why not one for home owners? Say you want new gutters, new flooring, even something like a new faucet installed. You could go and post in your area using your zip. Withing a certain radius contractors could bid on the job, while you don't have to search and you would then get the best price available to you. You could just sit back while the contractors fight it out to give you the best deal. Good idea?

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
I remember there being something like this when building my house in 2009. I believe when it came to doing the basement the next year, Itried this for a few things just to see, but no answers or  bids because no one in our area was on the site.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I remember there being something like this when building my house in 2009. I believe when it came to doing the basement the next year, Itried this for a few things just to see, but no answers or  bids because no one in our area was on the site.
Ya that would be the only drawback, trying to get local contractors to sign up for the service. The website would probably take a cut for their services to.