All things related to the Xbox platforms

Francis final verdict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw he had this up. Haven't watched it in entirety though

Reports are coming out that people that ordered their Xbox's from Amazon received them today and not tomorrow like they are suppose to. Basically got them a day early.

Reports are coming out that people that ordered their Xbox's from Amazon received them today and not tomorrow like they are suppose to. Basically got them a day early.
Some did, some are still waiting. Some didn't get day one as promised from what I'm reading. Sent them the regular edition instead lol.

I fell asleep! I called Bismarck and Fargo Target's, both have a "decent amount" of xbox one on hand if that helps anyone.

So all night I dreamed that I bought an Xbox. I was sending photos to @@jmanz to run it in his face. Now I kinda want one.

So where's @@ndboarder ? I expected to awake to about 10 new posts of "OMGWTFBARBECUESAUCETHISMELTSMYFACEOFF" posts. :whistle:

So where's @@ndboarder ? I expected to awake to about 10 new posts of "OMGWTFBARBECUESAUCETHISMELTSMYFACEOFF" posts. :whistle:
Is he a touch typer? Because maybe he just can't see the keyboard to type, what with his melted off face and all.

Looks like the xbox does have some useful features.

xl6oYTW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on vacay an have been too busy having my face melted off I guess. Quality parts?!? Really? Very few are having issues, and keep in mind so are some PS4 users. It's a fact of life with hardware. You could go out and buy a thousand BD drives/ hard drives/ fridges/ whatever. Some are going to have issues.

There have been some interesting thermal pictures of both new consoles. Xbox runs cooler, which isn't surprising since they wisely put the psu separate from the console itself left more breathing room in the machine and use a larger fan. Heat is fine, but we've all heard of red rings, and the PS4 has seen overheating, so there's that.

Lastly, I saw some interesting stats about the reviews and reports of issues on the consoles. Basically they scrubbed amazon reviews but I'm sure it happens at all sites and comment areas. A big fair percent of the few reporting issues are see to be a confirmed purchaser of the competing console and are not confirmed purchaser of the one they claim to have issues with. So, pretty much there are some lame fan boys of either console astro turfing sites making likely false claims against the competitor of there favorite. Are there issues with both consoles, yes, are they wide spread, NO.

Anyway, back to the face melting for now, but I'll be back with my review of the One so far a little later. For now just know you should all be hunting for the One without stopping until you have one to call your own.

I'm looking forward to the new Forza and Gran Turismo games coming out. Really hoping they each have an official wheel that works on PC. Or that they license to someone to make an affordable wheel that is compatible with both. Enjoy your game.

To get you all through until the review.... Here's the pics I took of unboxing, and one while sitting waiting to be let out of Best Buy (they did the release right, let people in starting at 10, so you weren't out in the cold, let you purchase before midnight, had some demo stations, and you just couldn't leave till midnight, so we were on our way home by 12:01am.

http://sdrv.ms/17AETZN

Also, @WaynKerr, Forza 5 is gorgeous. The driveatar thing is cool too. After 3-4 races, your drive-atar is out in the world racing for you while you don't. Nice to have it earn credits while you aren't playing. Also, very cool to race and see my friends' drive-atars on the course, giving me more reason to try to win the race.

The heat signature photo @@ndboarder was referring to.

MwZzg0K.jpg

We were all worried about you @@ndboarder . Thought maybe you didn't get one and were having a meltdown. ;)

So @@ndboarder do you ever plan on buying a PS4? I know you had both system last generation. Or are you going to strictly use the Xbox this generation?

So @@ndboarder do you ever plan on buying a PS4? I know you had both system last generation. Or are you going to strictly use the Xbox this generation?
I though I'd said before that I may eventually. I have no plan to look for one soon, but down the road after price drops or hardware revisions and when a number of the few exclusives I would care to play are cheap, then I would consider it. For now the Xbox exclusive games are more enticing, more friends on Xbox and I still highly prefer the Xbox Live ecosystem for cross platform games

Back