Pokemon Go craze. Doesn't seem safe...

ryanator

Reaction score
This Pokemon Go craze sure has caught on fast.  I've been seeing people around weird areas at weird times.  I see some annoyances happening with all these people doing this.  Geocaching is different, people have to physical put something somewhere for people to find, but i believe this allows people just use GPS to pin things anywhere for people to rummage through the area.

Ya it's like everywhere. Pretty insane. Nintendo is a genius. Just when I think that company is going under they bring something like this, just like they did with the Wii. It's like they save stuff for when things slow down. I read the other day that it's generating 1.4 million daily in revenue. It does make people more active and get out and walk. But I am sick of my entire FB being about this. Everyone and their sister are playing it. Crazy stuff. I thought about it yesterday like early zombie practice. All these people walking around like zombies staring at their phones. Saw some car wrecks related to it, and even robberies. They put a beacon out and you goto the location and then they rob you and take your phone. It's insane! But props to them for making a catchy game. Not my deal (but I bet it would be addicting).

It's like they save stuff for when things slow down.
I think in this case it is more so trying something new because they needed to (because things slowed down as you put it).  Nintendo wants their IP on their platforms, not on other peoples platforms, but they had to do something so they are testing the waters of putting their IP on other companies devices and the mobile arena.I've seen plenty of speculation on money made, but also that most likely Niantic (the developer of the game I think), Apple and Google are likely making most of that money with a bit going to Nintendo.  The Nintendo stock has come way up at least so that's helped them in that way regardless of how much they get from the game itself.

I heard Mcdonalds is trying to work a deal with them to bring people into their restaurants.

tJvRDHb.gif

Wow at that one ^^^.  The ones with mass crowds looks like a zombie apocalypse. 

Back