Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Heroes of the Storm

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members

Blizzard's MOBA. Been playing since I was allowed into Closed Beta through my bnet account a few months ago. It was officially released today (6/2/15). New hero today is a "Warrior" tank with lots of CC named Johanna from Diablo lore.

They are also doing a few cross-promotional giveaways :

Mechano-spider mount for HotS: Have 4 facebook friends (doesn't matter who) and complete this after 'liking' Heroes of the Storm on FB-

teambuilder.heroesofthestorm.com

Hearthstone card mount for HotS: Win 100 games in Hearthstone

Ironside Direwolf mount for HotS: Have a WoW account with a level 100 character

Heroes of the Storm card back for Hearthstone: Reach player level 12 in Heroes of the Storm

Grave Golem pet for WoW: Reach player level 20 in Heroes of the Storm

The rewards are retroactive, so you get the reward if you've already done the work in wins or levels.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Can't believe this is official now, that didn't take to long. I wonder how many will switch from LoL to this? This does interest me though...

Grave Golem pet for WoW: Reach player level 20 in Heroes of the Storm
How hard is it to reach lvl 20?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Did some reading, if I played the game for 2 hours each day and used stim packs and xp boost from friends it would take about a week. Not worth it. :(

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
Newest Hero is the Butcher (Diablo III boss). Haven't tried him but he looks pretty good and has a really mean heroic ability which chains a targeted player to a post so they can't escape being slaughtered. :eek:

New map is Battlefield of Eternity (Diablo III themed). Your basic Heaven vs Hell scenario, with a bonus objective of helping either your team's angel or demon fight for dominance in the center of the map. When the boss gets taken out, your team's boss pushes a lane for you, dealing fairly decent damage. It has a lot of really intense team-fight potential because of the lack of symmetrical terrain - it's almost impossible to remember where and what shape different obstacles on the map are, so teams tend to run around in packs and fight. Intense stuff.

Next hero that comes out is the Warrior Skeleton King named Leoric from DIII. Looks pretty sweet.

After that is a Monk Support hero. Time will tell I suppose. Seems like they're keeping up with the updated heroes/maps, though, and that's always a plus for a "free" game.

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
Been on a skin-buying kick... when they have sales. They just released Varian, Ragnaros, and now Zul'Jinn. Zul'Jinn is a lot like Draven if you've played League. I can dig it. :)

Havel3k

Lumberjack
Members
All the heroes are currently free to play. I bought a stimpack and am getting each hero up to level 5 (500 gold a piece). Enjoying heroes I never played before.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I see wow is giving away a free mount after playing 15 games with a friend. I may need your help @tempy3000. :)

Your quest is simple: within the allotted time, complete 15 Heroes of the Storm games with a friend as any Hero from the Warcraft universe.

Upon completing this quest, you’ll be handsomely rewarded with sweet in-game loot in both World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm. Take the reins of justice in the Nexus astride your Flames of Judgment Charger mount, and tear across Azeroth riding your new Primal Flamesaber.

Quest

• Complete 15 Heroes of the Storm matches with a friend, while playing as Warcraft Heroes, before the event concludes.
  • Players who select Warcraft Heroes will earn quest credit regardless of which Heroes their friends choose, but remember, credit is only granted to those playing Warcraft Heroes.
  • Players do not need to complete all 15 matches with the same friend in order to complete the quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
This is now live, just goto to play with a battle net friend *cough @tempy3000. We have to play 15 matches together. Don't think you have to win or anything. Just have to play as a WoW character. Can also play against AI.