Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Help me choose (powersupply)

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ok I am looking betwen these two and want to know what you would choose.

The first is the HIPER TYPE-R 580W BLACK SLI READY powersupply

The second is the Ultra ULT31852 X2 X-Connect 550W Power Supply

Which one would be the best? Thanks for the help! :)

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
:? What's with the no name brands? That's my opinion though since I am a name brand consumer whore. It's a tough call sicne the first one says SLI ready but does not sound modular. The second one sounds modular but does not say SLI ready. I say out of those 2, the second one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Unique user friendly modular design to reduce excess cables.

- Ultra quiet 14db noise

- Patented design device extension cables.

- Supports ATX up to v2.2 & Intel BTX configuration.

- Complies with all Intel & AMD CPU specification requirement.

- Gold Plated connector, preventing rust & bad connection.

- Connects up to 4 SATA HDD + 8 other component devices.

- Two Dedicated PCI-E connectors

- EZ-Grip Molex connectors.

Retail

Supports AMD and Intel Motherboards

NVIDIA SLI Ready

UV Reactive Clear Side w/ Blue UV Light

Low Acoustic Noise

120mm Fan

Meets ATX Version 2.2, v1.3, and

ATX 12V Version 2.2 Specifications

Short Circuit Protection

In-Rush Current Protection

Thermal Overload Cutoff Protection

MTBF > 100,000 Hours at Full Load,

110VAC and 25C Ambient Condition

FCC and UL Recognized

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
I'm tempted to say go with the HIPER, but that's just because my Ultra X-Connect PS (or POS) is sitting in a box because it crapped on me after a few months. This reminds me I should call them and try get it replaced one of these days..

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Modulars are so tidy and nice.
That's the whole reason of getting a new one. I have a nice sleeved one, but there are so many cords I don't need. I know the ultra has nice and flat cables you can actually hide under your mainboard.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Modulars are so tidy and nice.
That's the whole reason of getting a new one. I have a nice sleeved one' date=' but there are so many cords I don't need. I know the ultra has nice and flat cables you can actually hide under your mainboard.[/quote']

That hiding business would be nice. The more tidy the better. :lol:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I wish they would get into more tidy systems and rethink the placement of power supply connectors on motherboards etc. Thats what I like about that DFI board, they have everything placed nice. I wish they would bring more SATA cd-roms to the market etc.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Son of a ......Gte the Hiper. Highly rated.
Have you seen one?
No not in person. Iwanted to get it when I got my last one but newegg does not carry or did not at the time. It got some very good reviews from what I saw. Next one I get wil be that one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well I think I am gonna go with one of the Ultras. I will let you know what I think of it.

wavetach

Members
Members
I try and stay away from ultra. I know a guy who got an ultra xconnect and it went out in like a month. I am all antec. I also purchased an ultra 22 in 1 card reader and the cord would not fit all the way in so I had to take the case apart and make the hole bigger so it would not cut in and out when I moved it around.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I try and stay away from ultra. I know a guy who got an ultra xconnect and it went out in like a month. I am all antec. I also purchased an ultra 22 in 1 card reader and the cord would not fit all the way in so I had to take the case apart and make the hole bigger so it would not cut in and out when I moved it around.
I think they had problems with thier first series. The X2's from every review I have read have rated them some of the best out there even beating the Antec's on power outputs etc. Besides after rebate right now they come to only $74.99 off of zipzoomfly.com. Can't beat those prices. Plus free shipping.