HD tv antennas

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Has any one used, or recommend a HD tv antenna? One of those flat shaped ones. Some come with a usb plug to amplify the signal also. I think the Mohu Leaf was a popular one. But now Amazon has so many knockoffs.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Amazon has the Mohu Leaf line one sale right now. I would be all for it, but I don't think I can really pull any in the area we live in.

LK

It burns when I pee
Members
I bought this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQGWMKR/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I pull 23 channels. Between this and borrowing accounts from Prime, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO Go I'm set.

No cable bill.

To make it more interesting I split this signal and run it through a few of these HD HomeRun devices so that I have digital steams available to any device on my network.  Each of the two HD HomeRuns I have have 2 tuners so we never have contention for watching live content.  It's a pretty slick setup.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I bought this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQGWMKR/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I pull 23 channels. Between this and borrowing accounts from Prime, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO Go I'm set.

No cable bill.

To make it more interesting I split this signal and run it through a few of these HD HomeRun devices so that I have digital steams available to any device on my network.  Each of the two HD HomeRuns I have have 2 tuners so we never have contention for watching live content.  It's a pretty slick setup.
Did you have to place that outside or in your attic?

LK

It burns when I pee
Members
I put the antenna in my attic in the garage.  I ran the cable from the attic into the shop in my garage where I have all my equipment.  After the signals were digitized I used a TP-Link powerline ethernet adapater to get the data streams into my house.

It was a fun science project.  

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I would buy one, but like I said in the area I live in, I am not really seeing any. I used the FCC lookup things but didn't really show any in my area. I think that is why cable and satellites are so big here.